The Ol' gal never fails to remind me why I love her.

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
Took my FGT out for drive today. Its been awhile. While most of my recent attention has been lavished on my new 991RS finally got the ol' gal out today after some time.

She is as wonderful to drive as the day I got her. Seeing part of that roof swing away with the door begins that GT40 experience. Looking at the reflection of her in glass store windows I pass I can't help but smile at her timeless beauty. Its a "GT40"!. Timeless. The sound from the V8 is pure Americana. GT40. Timeless. The view over the boot to the scallops leading to the radiator is "GT40". The interior styling is "GT40" with it's gauges and that speedo 'angled' at you. Its got three peddles with an MT trans that is old school these days. Its truly old school "mechanical" compared to the new digital iron or "carbon fiber" these days. Even its aluminum panels are now "old school".

Still gets thumbs up and provokes cell phone photo takes wherever she goes just as she did 12 years ago when new. People instantly say "GT40".

While the 991RS is a marvel to drive the ol' gal still gets my heart pounding just has fast.

A true American classic and automotive treasure that will no doubt get better and better with age.

Last edited:

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
It certainly is "a gal" with those "sexy hips" Camillo designed!!!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Out this AM ,always a great rush

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Dittoe's to all. Took mine for a 90 minute run on the local hills and twisties. Great weather and not too many tourists from Iowa clogging the roads....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Love my GT2 but nothing comes close to my FGT
NOTHING!
I put 400miles on my car in the last few days
All smile miles

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Drove the FGT yesterday and the Cobra today. Americana at its finest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Drove to Philly today to visit the Simione Museum's GT-40 "Demo Day". They had their two GT-40's and their Daytona Coupe out for laps in their paved back lot. They graciously invited my Ford GT into the demo area for everyone to enjoy.

Howard

Attachments

• Gt-40.jpg
    Gt-40.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 240

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Thats cool!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Drove to Philly today to visit the Simione Museum's GT-40 "Demo Day". They had their two GT-40's and their Daytona Coupe out for laps in their paved back lot. They graciously invited my Ford GT into the demo area for everyone to enjoy.

Howard
That is definitely a bonus; from spectator to participant!

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Must be something in the water today! Quick 300 mile trip up to Denali and back.

attachment.php

Last edited:

Waxer

Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 22, 2007
A quick 300 mile trip? :eek
:thumbsup

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Let's just say there wasn't a lot of traffic at 6am!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Must be something in the water today! Quick 300 mile trip up to Denali and back.

attachment.php
I'm jealous! 25 years ago I climbed that sucker in the background.