insurance for a Ford GT

larrypack

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
What is a fair price to pay for insurance (comp and collision) for a GT, stock with 3600 miles. I've gotten prices from 9500 (Farmers) to 3200 (Hagerty) and 830 (Hagerty) for comp only. I'm assuming a market value for around 280K although the Hagerty price of 3200 was for 200K value and full coverage with 5K deductable. Seems things are getting rather pricy!. I live in Michigan , of all things. Larry Pack (2006--957)

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I found the best premium with fair coverage terms through Forum sponsor Drew with Classic Auto Insurance. The Eddie Griffin rate you were quoted by Farmers is whacked.

I'm paying under $2k/year.

Last edited:

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
+1 Drew at Classic Auto Insurance has great rates for our cars. Also paying less than $2K/year.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
+2 for Drew at Classic Auto Ins. He does stated value which for our cars is best.

oceanside gt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Aug 4, 2006
Oceanside, CA
+3 Drew & staff at Classic Auto Insurance are knowledgeable, friendly & easy to deal with.

I've had their coverage for years & they seem to have the best coverage and stated rates for the GT that I have seen.

My premium is just over $2K yearly & I'm in California.

If needed their phone number is 800-397-0765.

Oceanside GT

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
Can 't wait to see what the NFGT will be. !!!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Ack. I don't even want to think about it.

Drew@ClassicAuto

*Supporting Vendor*
Supporting Vendor
Jan 10, 2008
What is a fair price to pay for insurance (comp and collision) for a GT, stock with 3600 miles. I've gotten prices from 9500 (Farmers) to 3200 (Hagerty) and 830 (Hagerty) for comp only. I'm assuming a market value for around 280K although the Hagerty price of 3200 was for 200K value and full coverage with 5K deductable. Seems things are getting rather pricy!. I live in Michigan , of all things. Larry Pack (2006--957)

Larry, my info is below. Feel free to reach out this week. Have been tied up the last 3 days for a car show here in Indianapolis (Congrats to Blake for his award today on his Tungsten GT!) Thanks to our loyal customers for their posts!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Drew is my first choice
But he doesn’t insure in MA
Had to go with Hagerty
But am very happy with them

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Drew does my cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

larrypack

GT Owner
Apr 21, 2013
GT Insurance

Thanks so much guys for the advice; it's worth 7K if you're a Farmer's customer. Larry Pack (957)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Farmer's is basically telling you that they don't want to insure it, unless you're stupid enough to pay that price. That's about the same as my annual car tax in the Fairfax County SSR...

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Drew is my GT insurance man! I had Safeco but their rates went crazy & their benefits went down. Drew came to the rescue!

Ed

Cobraguy

GT Owner

My best ins price proposal (albeit a bit early for a definite commitment from the carrier) was $2,800/yr....5,000 km/yr max.....$35-40,000 minimum deductible,
My current '05 is $1800....$3000 deductible.
BTW, I wasn't selected for the ngt but given the rate for the '05 I thought the ngt rate was reasonable (relative term)

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
If you are former military, also check USAA for a quote.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Drew

Try Robbin at Midwest Classic Insurance. www.midwestclassicins.com Great rates and agreed value coverage.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Another reason we all recommend Drew & Classic Auto is that they are a forum sponsor. The other companies are not.

Ed

usmcfred

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2006
Massachusetts
Drew is my first choice
But he doesn’t insure in MA
Had to go with Hagerty
But am very happy with them

Ron, Check out JC Taylor in PA. They write in MA and I have had the '06 FGT insured with them since '08. They also allow you to delete the Collision while in hibernation during the Winter months. Fred

Triheart7

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 3, 2007
Northern California
If you are former military, also check USAA for a quote.

I have USAA but they say my GT Is worth $150,000 the last time I checked, thinking about switching to another company they recommended or to Drew like many on the Forum.