Battery Tender Jr. POS!

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Great, I have to see this thread right after I bought 5 battery tenders!

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The original USA made Deltran battery tenders were great. I have some old ones still in use.

Me too. I have a wide variety of chargers that I use. I've mostly gone to newer, higher tech, but I still use my battery tenders too.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00L83FI6E/ref=sr_ph_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471645050&sr=sr-1&keywords=ctek+4.3

I got this Barrett Jackson branded one, with Prime cheaper, faster and free shipping.

Thanks! Picked it up. I have a C-TEK and really like using it, particularly the indicator system.

I also have a Save A Battery 1702 unit that I have used with good results.

My original Ford GT battery was still running strong after 5-6 years, but I didn't want to tempt fate, so I pulled it and replaced it. I still use it in a box as a portable battery.

For basic testing, I have had good results with the rather cheap SOLAR BA7 100-1200 CCA Electronic Battery and System Tester, and also the more old school OTC 3181 130 Amp Heavy-Duty Battery Load Tester.

Sad to hear that the quality on the Battery Tenders has allegedly gone south. Really loved using them on my motorcycle(s) over the years. I'm going to take a look later and see where they were all made, I have at least 3 still that work. Never had a problem with one.

I even dug up this bobble head that a rep had given me years ago. I dropped it, and never found all the pieces after I tossed it first, then decided to see if I could piece it back together later.

Tender_zpsnlkr1g6r.jpg

Last edited:

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
My first Battery Tender Plus just went bad...after 14 years. Every other one that I've had has been fine. The Junior might be better for smaller batteries, like motorcycles since it is 0.75A vs. 1.25A for the Plus.