Oooops.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
The Nurburgring is a cruel mistress. Most crashes on public driving days on the Nordschleife cost more in barrier repair than vehicle, but not this time. Don't know who the poor fellow is, but he needs a lesson from the BMW driver and in a less expensive car for sure. Heart breaking.

https://youtu.be/rmJF20lX0ZE

Greetings to all.

JS

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
That sucks

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Merkury 4 knockoff?

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I just don't know why people even bother in the rain....

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
A lost day/weekend for sure. I would not go there in the rain.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona

Because that's when we were there and a chance to drive the ring in our own GT's is rare and not to be missed. Our fearless leader and the BATmobile both got a bit sideways in the rain there but "all's well that ends well".

Chip

Hey, this is my 4,300th post!!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Chip

Hey, this is my 4,300th post!!

which is 1% of the posts on this Forum. Well done Chip!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

because they could…and they hopefully know their limits.

Gierkink

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 5, 2005
Wellington, FL
I had my GT on the Nordschleife ten years ago. The weather was good the day I was there. What I found most difficult about driving that track is trying to remember the course. Depending on how one calculates a turn/corner, different sources list between 75 and over 150 turns to each lap. Many of these are blind and/or up or down hill. It's so hard to memorize the circuit and have smoother subsequent laps.

I would however highly suggest this as a bucket list item for all of the gear-heads on this forum.

Wwabbit

GT Owner
Mar 21, 2012
Knoxville, TN
Yes, you can make several great tracks from the turns that have no names at this place.
I have raced there full time the last 4 seasons. It took nearly the first year to be comfortable at full pace.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I did the Ring on Forza like 100 times before I took my car on that track (LOL). Of course when I got there, everything went blank and didn't help a lick. Crazy, crazy amount of blind turns.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
....and you came close to doing the same as the guy on the video! I was behind you, wish I'd had video running

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Hi John ! Tell Jeanine we said hello

QUOTE=Wwabbit;427656]Yes, you can make several great tracks from the turns that have no names at this place.
I have raced there full time the last 4 seasons. It took nearly the first year to be comfortable at full pace.[/QUOTE]