Who is driving to Rally from Dallas or surrounding areas?

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
I am in North Dallas and planning on meeting two GT’s in Granbury, Texas, to drive down to Austin. Who else is planning on driving down?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm in Fort Worth. May go down on Weds to meet Silverbullitt, if he has any stuff planned that day. Would have to find a hotel Weds night but may stay outside of Austin in the Hill Country.

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I'm west of Fort Worth and will be heading down on Thursday morning. I can easily meet you in Granbury. Let me know what time you would like to meet.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
I'm in Fort Worth. May go down on Weds to meet Silverbullitt, if he has any stuff planned that day. Would have to find a hotel Weds night but may stay outside of Austin in the Hill Country.

ByeEnzo you can crash at my house if you can't find a room on Wednesday. PM me and let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
You guys are obviously from around that area. If you had a choice of flying into Dallas or Houston which would you pick and why? We're coming from the UK and I believe those are the only choices for direct flights. That's unless someone has another great route!

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
You guys are obviously from around that area. If you had a choice of flying into Dallas or Houston which would you pick and why? We're coming from the UK and I believe those are the only choices for direct flights. That's unless someone has another great route!

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Houston airport is about 180miles from Austin.Dallas route is about 40miles further. You could connect to Austin if the connection is not too long. The drive from Houston is about 3 hours with stops. The austin airport is very close to town.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Thanks in advance!

Phil

Phil, there is a nonstop flight on British Airways from Heathrow to Austin and back. You may want to check it out. Check Virgin too just in case they might have a nonstop.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX

Thanks in advance!

Phil

If you don't fly directly into Austin I would fly to Houston. It's closer and an easier drive. The flight from Houston to Austin is about 20 mins. I think the plane taxis around the airport longer than the actual time it takes to fly to Austin. If you drive to Austin from Houston take the Sam Houston Toll Way to Interstate 10 (I-10) west towards San Antonio. Then exit Highway 71 west at Columbus. The sign reads Highway 71 West to Austin and it is a straight shot from there.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
If you don't fly directly into Austin I would fly to Houston. It's closer and an easier drive. The flight from Houston to Austin is about 20 mins. I think the plane taxis around the airport longer than the actual time it takes to fly to Austin. If you drive to Austin from Houston take the Sam Houston Toll Way to Interstate 10 (I-10) west towards San Antonio. Then exit Highway 71 west at Columbus. The sign reads Highway 71 West to Austin and it is a straight shot from there.

Great thanks! Went for the direct option you suggested, fly in Wednesday fly out Wednesday, fun in between :biggrin That's booked.

Got an option on a hotel that looks ok, but will consider the JW.

Next hire car. How to guarantee a Ford will be the game I guess. I'm going to look a right idiot turning up to a Ford GT rally in some Hyundai :facepalm:

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Great thanks! Went for the direct option you suggested, fly in Wednesday fly out Wednesday, fun in between :biggrin That's booked.

Got an option on a hotel that looks ok, but will consider the JW.

Next hire car. How to guarantee a Ford will be the game I guess. I'm going to look a right idiot turning up to a Ford GT rally in some Hyundai :facepalm:

Hertz rents Fords. You could rent a mustang. I'm renting a Mustang convertible when I am out in California for the Concours. If you need help with anything while you're here let me know. I'm a local so it won't be any trouble.

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
Hertz rents Fords. You could rent a mustang. I'm renting a Mustang convertible when I am out in California for the Concours. If you need help with anything while you're here let me know. I'm a local so it won't be any trouble.

That's very kind and much appreciated.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
As it gets closer to the Rally, I was hoping to firm up who else would be interested in meeting in or around Dallas to drive to Austin. So far, Waldo and maybe ExtremeExotics.

Anyone else interested in driving down or meeting up Thursday??

Waldo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 7, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
As it gets closer to the Rally, I was hoping to firm up who else would be interested in meeting in or around Dallas to drive to Austin. So far, Waldo and maybe ExtremeExotics.

Anyone else interested in driving down or meeting up Thursday??
I'm still good with meeting up and driving down on Thursday.

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
May have another FGT and F-car driving down with us. Anyone else?

digman1

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 8, 2007
Dallas Texas
I am meeting up with another GT and a California at 10am Thursday, at the Macaroni Grill at NW Hwy 1/2 block east of the Dallas North Toll-road. We then meet up with another GT in Hillsboro , but not sure when and where yet.

Last edited:

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
We're on our way just passed Abielne near Coleman tx if anyone heading that way. Lots of Rain.
Bye Enzo we have an extra bed at the JW . You are welcome to crash with us. Pm if your interested

Last edited:

93extxdps

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 17, 2007
Texas
late dinner at the Corner in the JW

Last edited: