Petit Le Mans - Atlanta

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
We can create a diversion and lure the Corvette guys away from their car corral. Gary can spread a rumor that there is a gold pinkie ring giveaway at the Hair Club for Men vendor tent.

Or is it the Members Only tent?

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Good one. Lots of subterfuge opportunities with that group.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I spoke to some folks at the Caffeine and Exotics show yesterday, but nothing seems too promising. I got invited to a few RVs for drinks, but no one was interested in giving up parking spots.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I plan on going to the track on Friday and to the race on Saturday but will take the truck if we cant work out preferred parking. Know some others were coming but may not if there is no Ford hospitality or car corral. My last communication with DBK was there would probably be none at RA.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I guess I could park the Vette in their car corral but might not be too big a hit dressed in GT racing shirt.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I guess I could park the Vette in their car corral but might not be too big a hit dressed in GT racing shirt.

If you really want to rain on their parade, parked your GT there.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If you really want to rain on their parade, parked your GT there.

I don't want to show off.:lol

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I once mistakenly happened upon a Corvette meet at a local restaurant when I was in my GT. I have never seen so many sour faces outside of a NOW conference.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I've had quite the opposite experience. The Birmingham AL Corvette Club invited me to join their Cruise'n the Coast trip to Foley AL near Pensacola FL. Awesome bunch of guys and gals. They loved all the attention the GT was getting.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Lightning

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 9, 2006
Hutchinson, Kansas
I entered my GT in a Mopar show. They gave me second place in my class, and BEST OF SHOW! The cheers were tremendous and everyone in attendance said it was "the most honest car show they had ever attended".

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
BMW club has a corral but I've been told it is BMW only. Still searching...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Yeah, just double checked, no car corral at Petit Le Mans. Sorry.

I pretty much show up at every event as part of a Porsche group wearing Ford stuff. They are good natured about it, except when spitting in my food. Even their North American VP of marketing is cool about it. Were it Ferrari we were talking about, it would be a different story.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Donna and I and Mr .& Mrs. wmjim are going to stay somewhere around Alpharetta or Johns creek at least Friday night. If anyone is coming in let me know if you have a place in mind and I will begin looking

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Made reservations for Friday night before Road Atlanta. About 20 mile south of track but pretty good area toward Atlanta if anyone else is coming here is where we will be.

Courtyard Atlanta NE/Duluth Sugarloaf
Hotel address 1948 Satellite Boulevard . Duluth, Georgia 30097 USA
Telephone number 1-770-622-6427