Petit Le Mans - Atlanta

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I don't see any option for a Ford corral at the Petit this year. Anyone know if there is going to be a corral or hospitality tent? Anyone planning on attending? I hope the rain last year didn't sway Ford's opinion on attending. They had a great set up.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I will be there and wmjim is coming from S.D. I've talked to several other member who may attend. No info on hospitality on road Atlanta's website but hopefully soon to follow

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
When is it?

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I'm in if there is Ford support like last year and if the weather forecast is at least hopeful. Or, if Camilo is coming again, I don't care what the weather is. He's worth the price of admission. :lol

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I'll be there. I do not believe they will be doing any additional hospitality events this year. Will confirm this weekend at RA.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Don't know many cars we need to get priority parking like last year. Agree on Camilo!!

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 14, 2005
south FL
Depending on work schedule I may make it as well...

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I'll be there. I do not believe they will be doing any additional hospitality events this year. Will confirm this weekend at RA.

Hi Dave, did you get any feedback from Ford on this event?
Thanks!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
When is it?

Wednesday, September 28, 2016 to Saturday, October 1, 2016

Unfortunately, I'll be in SD during this time for my class reunion.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
If there is no hospitality or corral we need to try to get some premium parking and park together

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Maybe we can get there early and take the front row in the Corvette corral

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
If you click the Corvette or Porscheplatz Corral buttons, this is what you get:

"NOTE: You must purchase a Corral Parking Pass to enter the facility and to park your Corvette/Porsche/Ford in the Corral Parking Area. You must purchase a Corral Superticket for each person in your party to have access to the facility and to the Corvette/Porsche/Ford Corral area."

Perhaps they carried the text over from last year, when Ford sponsored a corral. Nevertheless, it still says "Ford" for 2016.

Hard to believe there are no Atlanta Ford clubs that will pick up the slack.

I'd like to make the trip again, but I'm out if no reserved GT parking.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
I'll give the 800 number a call and try to get more info.

BtwoG

GT Owner
Dec 8, 2013
Atlanta, GA
Just got off the phone with Road Atlanta and there isn't anything promising. He said Ford does not currently have a corral but last year they did something at the last minute. The Corvette and Porsche corrals are for those marques only. He didn't have any contact info for anyone within those groups that we could contact to try to beg for some spots. They have infield parking available, but it is first come, first serve in their gravel lots (don't know that I'd want my car there). I might try to reach out to Panoz and see if they have any space, but I assume space is at a premium and they wouldn't just give it away.

You guys are welcome to keep cars/trailers at my house in Alpharetta (about an hour from the track) if you don't want to keep them at the hotel.

He did mention that the FGT race team was there practicing today!

Anyone have any other suggestions?

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Maybe we can get some help at the Rally but that is getting late. I know the track pretty well and would not want to park in general parking. Would still go to the race but probably in truck

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Atlanta Porsche guys make it happen. Atlanta Corvette guys make it happen.

Atlanta Ford guys?

SAD!

Especially since there is a ton of unused space on that hill. Last year... the year of the total washout...we still had the high ground. The Porsche corral was an axle deep red clay swamp.

Ford GTs at Petit Le Mans, and no Ford fan support.

SAD! ;)

Not aimed at anyone here. Just can't believe local car clubs can't/won't/don't want to make it an event.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Atlanta Porsche guys make it happen. Atlanta Corvette guys make it happen.

Atlanta Ford guys?

SAD!

Especially since there is a ton of unused space on that hill. Last year... the year of the total washout...we still had the high ground. The Porsche corral was an axle deep red clay swamp.

Ford GTs at Petit Le Mans, and no Ford fan support.

SAD! ;)

Not aimed at anyone here. Just can't believe local car clubs can't/won't/don't want to make it an event.

Don't be sad Gary. Turn that frown upside down. I nominate you as the Forum's Petite Le Mans event organizer. Please make sure I have a suitable umbrella girl.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Don't be sad Gary. Turn that frown upside down. I nominate you as the Forum's Petite Le Mans event organizer. Please make sure I have a suitable umbrella girl.

I'll volunteer for Florida, but not out of my territory.

Whenever it happens here, I guarantee Camilo will give you a Sharpie gecko tattoo on your toned abs. And it will be YUGE! Believe me!

P.S. That wasn't a frown. It was a wink. ;)

Last edited:

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Our area but sorta stuck on what to do. Assumed sameaslast year. Out of pocket until Saturday

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We can create a diversion and lure the Corvette guys away from their car corral. Gary can spread a rumor that there is a gold pinkie ring giveaway at the Hair Club for Men vendor tent.