FS::::Transmission::::

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
I hate to sell this but I could use the money for other things. I have a fresh transmission that has been gone through and the gear train has been micro polished and Cryogenic treated. The case has been powder coated wrinkle black and reassembled with arp bolts. I may be high on it at $16,000 but that's what I want for it.

Last edited:

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Still have this?

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
I ended up putting it in my car. I have the one out of my car I was fixing to send for the same treatment for a spare.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
It looks real nice but I would worry about the adverse effect it *may* have on heat dissipation characteristics.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Where did you have the "crinkle" done? I have a friend looking to duplicate the crinkle blue thats on our valve covers. Pm if easier.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
It looks real nice but I would worry about the adverse effect it *may* have on heat dissipation characteristics.

Would a trans cooler solve that potential problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jim

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 17, 2006
Michigan
Anybody know of a GT transmission repair facility for us?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Thought Stillen was the Recardo go to, but the issue is no parts are available. I think Mk2 does also?

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Would a trans cooler solve that potential problem?

Well, not even sure the crinkle coat adversely effects cooling.... but my opinion is that GT's that are driven in warmer climates 80F+ should have a transaxle cooler.

Stillen has no parts to work on the FGT transaxle. Ford contracted Ricardo to build "x" number of transaxles and absolutely 0 spare parts... so that's precisely what Ford got. The only replacement parts for the transaxles are from donor transaxles and/or parts that may be fabricated by enterprising individuals.

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Depending on what is broken and so forth, we have been able to have many transmissions fixed and find the necessary parts needed. Shoot me a PM with what you think or know is wrong with it and I will let you know your options.

Thanks,
Mark H.

FRC

GT Owner
Aug 20, 2014
KY
RPM transmissions does all my work.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
RPM transmissions does all my work.
No relation to me, I receive no compensation from this! ;)