Chip's Scottsdale, AZ Rally to the Rally - Rally 11

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Gentlemen,

Our GT convoy is in Fort Stockton. The GT Guy, Rich Brooks and his better half have joined us. While motoring through west Texas John Glatz got pulled over by Texas State Troopers while going about 90 mph. The officers told him they just had to stop him to look at what they considered to be the most beautiful car they had ever seen. Then they let him go after saying, "Go as fast as you need to to catch up with your buddies!". He did and was back in formation in no time. A fine day!
Chip

Cool story! Support the Blue!!!

TXVIPER, DONNYMAC, & myself (JWZ) looking forward to joining up with y'all at Ozona tomorrow morning!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Dinner in Fort Stockton. Fenzo made the scene tonight as well. Barry and Arlette clearly haven't lost their enthusiasm for each other. Now I know why his screen name is LIPS GT!!! What a great night.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 480
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    126.9 KB · Views: 475
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 503
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 437
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 480

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
I was a solid 1.5 hrs late. Everyone waited and even brought me a welcome drink when I arrived. How cool is that?! Thanks!

I blame it on my inability to distinguish between mountain and central time, construction... and an hour in a New Mexico deluge. Dodged a bullet, missed the hail by minutes.

image.jpg

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Please fly with us again.

Gentlemen,

Our Rally to the Rally has successfully terminated at the Marriott in Austin. 7 GT's and 1 Shelby Mustang are covered with bugs and parked in the garage. The last leg of our trip saw Fenzo hit an antelope carcass on the road tearing off a chunk to take with him and Donny Mac bagged a rabbit with his front splitter. That rabbit is still on board. A great run across Texas at about 90 mph and nobody got a ticket. Cheers.

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 491
Last edited:

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Maybe one of our MDs can confirm, but I believe it was hip bone and femur. :facepalm::bored:biggrin

image.jpg

GTED

GT Owner
Apr 4, 2006
FGT, the new tool for hunting....

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
Gentlemen,

Our Rally to the Rally has successfully terminated at the Marriott in Austin. 7 GT's and 1 Shelby Mustang are covered with bugs and parked in the garage. The last leg of our trip saw Fenzo hit an antelope carcass on the road tearing off a chunk to take with him and Donny Mac bagged a rabbit with his front splitter. That rabbit is still on board. A great run across Texas at about 90 mph and nobody got a ticket. Cheers.

Chip

Maybe he's just sleepy. Poor bunny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
14c55081e271801d9a02cf6c554f73b2.jpg

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
That's some funny stuff!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
Thank You Chip! Monica and I had such a wondeful time at the Rally, and your Rally to the Rally set the mood and pace once again. Especially enjoyed day at the lake! :cheers Cheers my friend.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Thanks, Chip for getting ALL the GTs in your group to the JW Marriott in Downtown Austin!
You are hereby nominated Chief Navigator! Enjoyed the drive with y'all!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Thank You Chip! Monica and I had such a wondeful time at the Rally, and your Rally to the Rally set the mood and pace once again. Especially enjoyed day at the lake! :cheers Cheers my friend.

'Twas a fine day.

Chip

Attachments

• Monica.jpg
    Monica.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 81