Chip's Scottsdale, AZ Rally to the Rally - Rally 11

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Donny is right: That is a barren stretch of pavement. Nice to enjoy the 80 MPH Legal Limit. However, sometimes it seems like there are more DPS Officers than cars & trucks. DPS are thick because Drug trafficers run I-10 due to its close proximity to Mexico

GT Tech

Ford GT Team Alumni
Aug 13, 2006
Kingman, Arizona
Looking forward to seeing some of my old friends at Chip's fantastic pre rally gala. I can come down early if anyone needs some last minute tweaking on their car before heading out for Texas. See you there my friends.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Current List of Attendees.

Gentlemen,

Rally 11 draws near and it all begins in Scottsdale. Join our rolling party. Here's the current list. :cheers :cheers :cheers

List of attendees.

1. Chip Beck - 3
2. Partssmann
3. Blue Moose - John & Michelle - 2
4. Apollo - Terry & Monica - 2
5. JWZ - (meeting in Fort Stockton)
6. Fenzo (meeting in Fort Stockton)
7. Flagstaff GT - Barry & Arlette - 2
8. The GT Guy (meeting in Fort Stockton) - 2
9. JBG - John Glatz - 1
10. GT Tech - 2

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hotel booking information.

Gentlemen,

Here is everything you need to get the good guy rates I have procured for this event. On Monday and Tuesday nights (Sep. 12 & 13) we will be staying at the "Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town" in Scottsdale, AZ. Our rate is $235 per night (normally $369) and there will be separate secure underground parking for the GT's. You can follow this link -

http://www.marriott.com/meeting-eve...6`9/14/16`08/31/16&app=resvlink&stop_mobi=yes

to get your room or.....

Call (800) 228-9290 and tell the agent you are booking for the nights on Sep. 12 & 13 in Scottsdale AZ at the "Scottsdale Marriott Suites Old Town" and that you want the "Ford GT Rally Room Block" rate of $235 per night.

On the night on Sep. 14 we will be staying at the "Best Western Plus" hotel in Fort Stockton, TX. They have secure parking with cameras for the GT's. To get your room in Fort Stockton for the night of Sep. 14 call them at (432) 336-7000 and ask for the "Ford GT Rally" rate which is $109.99 per night.

If you have any trouble please call my cell at (602) 430-4877.

See you soon.

Chip

HiloDave

GT Obsessed
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 7, 2005
Hilo, Hawaii
Thanks for arranging everything, Chip.

By the way, I will have a party of 2 but don't worry, my guest doesn't drink as much as I do.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Hey, Chip! We may fall in with y'all on I-10. Still getting it all together. Will let you know. Thanks for rolling thru West Texas!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Hey, Chip! We may fall in with y'all on I-10. Still getting it all together. Will let you know. Thanks for rolling thru West Texas!!

Absolutely. Will you join us for dinner in Fort Stockton on the 14th?

Chip

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
Not able to go to Rally but would like to join you lucky current and soon to be new GT owners for dinner, BBQ and Mesa air museum visit.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Not able to go to Rally but would like to join you lucky current and soon to be new GT owners for dinner, BBQ and Mesa air museum visit.

Absolutely. I've added you to our list. See you soon.

Chip

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Events Change....please read.

Gentlemen,

With HiloDave's inability to get his car shipped and other members schedule changes there are too few that can make it to my home for lunch tomorrow so I have cancelled that event. Sentimental Journey has gone on tour out of AZ for an air show. However, we will gather for dinner tonight at Don and Charlie's restaurant on Camelback Road in Scottsdale at 7 PM. Tomorrow night we're having dinner at the hideaway in Carefree, Arizona at 7 PM as well. On Wednesday morning at 7 AM we will depart from my home instead of the Marriott Old Town Inn Suites. If you don't have my home address please send a text to my cell phone at 602-430-4877 and I will provide it to you. If you need anything else please call me. I look forward to seeing you at Don and Charlie's tonight at seven. All the best.

Chip

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Fort Stockton dinner Wednesday night.

Gentlemen,

Several members will be joining us in Fort Stockton, Texas for dinner this Wednesday at 7pm. I had the dinner planned at Johnny Chihuahua's where we had a nice event on the way to the last Texas Rally. I was informed today however that they have lost their liquor license and that certainly won't do so now dinner in Fort Stockton on Wednesday will be at......

K-Bob's Steakhouse
2800 W. Dickinson Blvd.
Fort Stockton, TX 79735
Phone number - (432) 336-6233

Not a fancy place but they have a full bar and the pickings in west Texas are a bit slim when it comes to fine dining. If you have any questions please call me at 602-430-4877. Cheers! :cheers

Chip

Blue Moose

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Chandler,Arizona.
We will see everyone at Don and Charlie's in Scottsdale tonight.

Chip, thank you for hosting your Rally to the Rally again this year. As usual, the people, conversation and dinner will make for an amazing evening!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
A fine start to R11.

Gentlemen (and Lady Moose),

What a nice time. 10 of us gathered at Don & Charlie's and had a fine time to kick off our Rally to the Rally. Looking forward to tomorrow and to getting on the road Wednesday. :cheers

Chip

Lady Moose

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 28, 2016
Gentlemen (and Lady Moose),

:biggrin

FlagstaffGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Chip's, fort Stockton, Austin all entered into my copilot Waze app. Anyone have a better GPS (warning accident, hazard police trap) navigator?

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Safe travels!

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I thought of this after I got back home from a trip to CO last week.

Someone should take a GoPro and suction cup it to your front window (inside) and put the camera to take a still shot every so often. I think somewhere between 10 and 30 seconds should make a nice stream maybe. I don't know if it would flow well in city traffic but driving across miles and miles of miles and miles it might look cool.

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May be relocating back to the valley area in the future. Look forward to Team CB runs. Out of the country this weekend. Safe travels, have a great Rally and Go Ford!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Gentlemen,

Our GT convoy is in Fort Stockton. The GT Guy, Rich Brooks and his better half have joined us. While motoring through west Texas John Glatz got pulled over by Texas State Troopers while going about 90 mph. The officers told him they just had to stop him to look at what they considered to be the most beautiful car they had ever seen. Then they let him go after saying, "Go as fast as you need to to catch up with your buddies!". He did and was back in formation in no time. A fine day!

Chip

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 138
Last edited:

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Some old fashion Texas hospitality.:wink