• Sorry you're out of luck

Votes: 68 58.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Please take the poll so we can understand the number for members that are fortunate enough to be the winners of the great new Ford GT.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Another interesting poll would be the percentage of "Lucky winners" that were original owners

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
yeah I noticed most of the winners were registered on here since 2006. It probably played a factor but wasnt the end all be all. Rally attendance and social media presence plus the strength of your video are my interpretations of what mattered, although some had no video. Loyalty/number of cars seemed to be a wash for most guys. We all have had several Fords throughout the years. I'm sure they widdled it down and still had 1500 guys, and it became a lottery at some point. The way I look at it, 500 cars is about the same as an Enzo. If you really want one, you can find one. Its a pretty penny, but if your heart desires it so, it can happen. Hoping someday I'll have the privilege.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
GT ownership plus driving the car.
Original owner check
60,000 miles on the car check
Deferred letter received.

One local picked owns zero Ford GTs and never has.

JOEA2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 16, 2007
STATEN ISLAND,NY/SEA GIRT,NJ
Makes no sense!

Joe

jackb111

Mar 29, 2015
Los Angeles
I feel bad for you so sincerely I am sorry but you made me feel a little better about my rejection letter so thanks for that

partssmann

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 1, 2013
Scottsdale, Arizona
First thing I did after getting my "you were not selected" email was remove my screen saver of the NGT. Will reselect NGT screen saver 2 years from now when 2nd round of 500 cars selection occurs. Good news is that I appreciate even more owning the 05 GT. Still very happy to know a few forum members here in AZ are getting a NGT.

Last edited:

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006
can we see examples of Fortunately on the waiting list and Sorry you're out of luck hopefully mine is the 1st one

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
First thing I did after getting my "you were not selected" email was remove my screen saver of the NGT. Good news is that I appreciate even more owning the 05 GT. Still very happy to know a few forum members here in AZ are getting a NGT.
I would have loved a new one and hope to get one later. But if I can only have one its my 06. Love the analog feel of the car, the manual trans and the dragon under the rear clamshell. I'll never sell it

davefordgt

GT Owner
Feb 10, 2006

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
No luck here either. Was disappointed. Took my '05 out for a nice drive and I'm all better now.

Moving on. What to buy next?

Viper

FORD GT OWNER - U.K.
Aug 9, 2008
Kent UK
Trying to understand how the "Fortunately on the waiting list" reads?

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
not sure if poll can be modfied ..... but it should also have included an option for any members that not Applied at all ... at least of you want a more complete Picture of what the members did/recieved

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
I'm looking forward to bonding with other original and current owners of the 2005/2006, and remembering how fortunate we are to own this fine machine. Not banding against any ultra-fortunate 2017 owners, but just enjoying our cars and fortune. Remember, everyone here is what made the Ford GT Forum the fine experience it is. I had lunch with a 2017 owner and friend, and believe me, I think a lot of them have a touch of "survivor's guilt" so let's just make this what it should be. Awesome for everyone that these cars are even being built.

As an original owner, and as active as my schedule allows, sure, no doubt, I am bummed, but each day gets better.

And like DanielJ said, focus on what we have.

Like Terry mentioned, I agree, it would be interesting to note how many Forum members did not apply. I try to focus on the future, but it is somewhat therapeutic to get a fuller picture of the overall situation.

ENZO BTR

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 11, 2005
Southern California
I'm looking forward to bonding with other original and current owners of the 2005/2006, and remembering how fortunate we are to own this fine machine. Not banding against any ultra-fortunate 2017 owners, but just enjoying our cars and fortune. Remember, everyone here is what made the Ford GT Forum the fine experience it is. I had lunch with a 2017 owner and friend, and believe me, I think a lot of them have a touch of "survivor's guilt" so let's just make this what it should be. Awesome for everyone that these cars are even being built.

As an original owner, and as active as my schedule allows, sure, no doubt, I am bummed, but each day gets better.

And like DanielJ said, focus on what we have.

Like Terry mentioned, I agree, it would be interesting to note how many Forum members did not apply. I try to focus on the future, but it is somewhat therapeutic to get a fuller picture of the overall situation.

Well said!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
^+1

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
I didn't apply. I figured that my chances were pretty slim, since you guys (and you're all guys) have many more years on the Forum and more years of ownership than me, and some of you went to great lengths to put together professional videos and portfolios. So by applying too, I'd only further dilute the pool for the rest of you. I do, however, plan to apply for the second tranche in a couple years. After the first 500 get allocated to top Ford employees, the best customers, etc., the market should stabilize and we can plan accordingly.

However, if anyone wants to give up their place in line, I'm more than willing to jump in!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
my sentiments also

Mike's GT

GT Owner
Feb 18, 2008
Toms River NJ
I got my letter back. didn't make the cut.......

Dear Michael,

Thank you for your interest in purchasing a Ford GT!

We are thrilled that you share our passion for performance and the all-new Ford GT.

The demand for Ford GT from enthusiasts like you has surpassed our very limited production. Unfortunately, we do not have enough Ford GTs to fulfill your request at this time.

We have confirmed our Ford GT production plans for only two years. However, if additional production is confirmed, your application information will remain in your profile for easy updating.

07XL0027

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
May 20, 2012
Austin TX
You and 5000+ people

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk