To all that turned in an application please read.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Below is information for the suicide hotline:rofl:willy:willy

No matter what problems you are dealing with, we want to help you find a reason to keep living. By calling 1-800-273-TALK (8255) you’ll be connected to a skilled, trained counselor at a crisis center in your area, anytime 24/7.

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Haha! Called that #......it's the Democratic Party HQ!! LOL!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
LOL Love it... but it may have the opposite effect if you don't get the car and then call that number! You may need to call the real hot line

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
funny !! :bored .......................

During this stressful time everyone is a comedian !! :biggrin:biggrin

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
We are lucky that this is what we think of as "stressful."

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Out of 231 views....you are the only four that have a sense of humor!!! LMAO!

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

+1

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Well yes . here in this small corner of the GT world nothing else exists !! :biggrin:biggrin

fordgt6

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Mar 19, 2009
East Lake Weir, FL
I didn't get one.

I am an original owener.
I own a 2016 explorer, 2008 Shelby GT 500, Expedition and a 1994 pace car I worked for Ford in college. My dad was a lifelong industrial engineer at Ford. He was in charge of prepping the NY Auto Show cars at the Mahwah Assembly plant. I have owned over 20 new Ford Cars.
Oh well. At lest I still own a 2006 GT (184)

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I didn't get one.

I am an original owener.
I own a 2016 explorer, 2008 Shelby GT 500, Expedition and a 1994 pace car I worked for Ford in college. My dad was a lifelong industrial engineer at Ford. He was in charge of prepping the NY Auto Show cars at the Mahwah Assembly plant. I have owned over 20 new Ford Cars.
Oh well. At lest I still own a 2006 GT (184)

Thats a tough pill to swallow. I've been a ford owner pretty much my whole life, 4 mustangs, a GT, etc... Not the pedigree of yourself, but truly loyal. I work on my own cars, supe' em up! A real car guy. No car for me either. I know someone who got one who didnt even own a Ford at the time. Makes it tough to understand. Sometimes its who you know, or how you sell your self. I hope I can get one someday, but for now thats all it is...hope. I didnt know I would feel so defeated, trying to find gratitude but man this was important to me as I'm sure it was to most of us.

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Yep - I received a dear john email this morning so I'm not getting one. Don't mind saying I'm pretty disappointed but hey life goes on and I'll go drive the ones I have AND feel very fortunate to have them

And Good Luck to everyone else that applied

BM SoCal

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 2, 2009
Orange County, CA
No car for me. Yet. glad to see so many got one, it's encouraging in its way. No doubt there will be changes post year two and perhaps I'll get one and be happy for having to wait. Trying to think positive! Congrats to those who got one

Last edited:

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
I have not felt so low in a long time, I really wanted to own this car.
I am not good at making or posting videos which I now think hurt my application.
I was dreaming about having the car, I was pretty confident I was going to get one as I have been a loyal Ford customer for as long as I can remember.
I should have hire someone to do the marketing for me. Next time, if there is one for me. God Bless you guys with the golden oportunity to own one and be well !

YellGT

GT Owner
May 12, 2016
NJ
I got the rejection letter as well. I think this is worse than getting a rejection letter from college. I had a feeling we weren't going to get one just because the only fords we own are a 57' TBird and a 05' GT that we just recently got. Maybe there still is hope and someone who actually got picked wasn't serious about it and they'll give it to someone who actually deserves the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adios

GT Owner
Apr 24, 2010
E. Washington State
My application was turned down also. Good luck to the rest of you GT owners. Iam going to my room and cry,nope I'll go detail 2006 GT and play some rock&roll.

canibl

GT Owner
Nov 22, 2005
Sacramento, Cali
I received the news as well this morning....the email was in my spam folder! Lol so it seems Ford took orders for the first two years of production...if they decide to keep producing the car we'll have another chance in 3 years?

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I received the news as well this morning....the email was in my spam folder! Lol so it seems Ford took orders for the first two years of production...if they decide to keep producing the car we'll have another chance in 3 years?

If they do continue the production then, yes, you'll be able to reapply. From what I have read it appears Ford wants to keep racing the GT (and why not - it's the fastest car around) so that is good. I'm sorry for you Seba & for my other friends that were not selected at this first application.

Ed

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
My rejection letter came also. My expectations were low considering I wasn't an original owner. I was 21 when the '05 came out and wasn't financially ready.

When I got the email, I proceeded to walk out to the garage, fired up the GT, and went for a drive. Try it, it's therapeutic. I'm blessed to have the greatest sports car ever produced in my eyes. I will have to live through Chip & our AZ locals who are getting them. (And maybe hunt for a 350R).

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
My rejection letter came also. My expectations were low considering I wasn't an original owner. I was 21 when the '05 came out and wasn't financially ready.

When I got the email, I proceeded to walk out to the garage, fired up the GT, and went for a drive. Try it, it's therapeutic. I'm blessed to have the greatest sports car ever produced in my eyes. I will have to live through Chip & our AZ locals who are getting them. (And maybe hunt for a 350R).

Nate,

Hang in there bro and you'll get a new GT soon enough. PLUS......you have a lot more years ahead of you to enjoy it than old frogs like me. When I finally get it I'll buy you dinner at D&C's and you can drive it down there. Cheers.

Chip

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Nate,

Hang in there bro and you'll get a new GT soon enough. PLUS......you have a lot more years ahead of you to enjoy it than old frogs like me. When I finally get it I'll buy you dinner at D&C's and you can drive it down there. Cheers.

Chip

Our moderator is a class act.

Not that most of us on this board don't already recognize that.

Plus if you haven't already read his "WWII" NFGT acceptance thread, you'll see he can turn a phrase as well.

Well done Chip!