Inquire on Web Site for Ordering Ford GT 2017

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
I am sure this is already past, but is there a link to the GT Owners who are interested in the New Ford GT? Not necessarily in line for 2017, but to preview and place your name on a list? My Ford Dealer sold his dealership and they are building condos at the site.

AtomicGT

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
you can go in and test drive them at my dealership :facepalm::frown

I'm guessing you were kidding with this post correct?

Last edited:

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Uh.....yea.....that ship has sailed.....

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Not sure what to even say to this..

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Uh.....yea.....that ship has sailed.....

Ship?? What ship?? ;-))

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
P.O.D.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Seriously? Have you been living like a hermit in the bottom of the Grand Canyon for the last 6 months?

To answer seriously, in case this isn't tongue in cheek, there was an on-line sign up that has already started and finished. There were something like 6500 interested parties for a total of 500 vehicles for two years of production. If you didn't get an application in it's too late.

Dealers claiming to "have allocations" are clueless. I can't believe there are any still claiming that unless the guy started from a Honda dealer two weeks ago.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Maybe I should rephrase it since most of you comedians have no answers. Wasn't interested in being on the first list as the number of cars and people ratio would be highly unlikely one would get the opportunity to actually receive a new GT. I was aware of the initial offering, and at the time had no interest or space for another GT. It has been a while since the initial suggestion of ordering one. I was purely seeing what the current status is, and thanks to your humorous comments, it's not an issue. All I was looking for was the current status of the program. Tony seems to be the reliable one.

Being on a list and ordering one and taking one on delivery is a small chance of odds at best.

Thanks Tony,

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
My guess is the list will grow larger... if they offer more after the initial 500. It may have been a mistake not to submit an application with the first 500 offering... remember the 500 GT's is at least a 2 year build if not more. Guessing the cost could also increase if the production goes past the 500.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
Somewhere in the hundreds of posts about this is that if we don't make the cut of 500 our application rides to the next set of cars to be produced if that happens.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Maybe I should rephrase it since most of you comedians have no answers. Wasn't interested in being on the first list as the number of cars and people ratio would be highly unlikely one would get the opportunity to actually receive a new GT. I was aware of the initial offering, and at the time had no interest or space for another GT. It has been a while since the initial suggestion of ordering one. I was purely seeing what the current status is, and thanks to your humorous comments, it's not an issue. All I was looking for was the current status of the program. Tony seems to be the reliable one.

Being on a list and ordering one and taking one on delivery is a small chance of odds at best.

Thanks Tony,

So, the process closed and we were told it would be +3 months, which is right about now. This topic has the latest humor ridden info on where that process might be.

http://www.fordgtforum.com/forums/showthread.php/32542-I-heard-this-is-the-week

DBK indicates it may be true in that some regions may have already let people know. I'm sure that once that once US/European applicants are informed we'll see a flood of new topics. Unless those notifications say that if you tell anyone about it your application will be canceled. :)

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Gracie Mille, Antonio

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Dr. Atomic, emails about the lucky winners should be out by mid-August. The only place I know of for any real info is here. Most of the members here filed and completed applications. There were roughly 11,000 applications started but only 6700 completed. Hope this helps.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I thought there was actually going to be 1000 built, i.e. Throughout Ford's four-year WEC campaign?

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I thought there was actually going to be 1000 built, i.e. Throughout Ford's four-year WEC campaign?

WEC rules say they only have to build one a week, so how many will actually be built is a good question.