Roy Lunn Inducted to Automotive Hall of Fame

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Last evening, July 21, 2016, Roy Lunn was inducted to the Automotive Hall of Fame in a ceremony at the Cobo Center in Detroit. Some guy named Mulally was also inducted. :lol

lunn2.JPG

Capture.JPG

http://www.automotivehalloffame.org/

Our MartynL, on his own initiative, single-handedly prepared the nomination package and presented it to the Automotive Hall of Fame board of directors. Thanks to Marty for helping to preserve and promote the legacy of an icon of the automotive world.

http://performance.ford.com/enthusi...induction-set-for-roy-lunn-and-alan-mula.html

L-R: Neil Ressler, former Ford vice president and chief technical officer, Research and Vehicle Technology; Roy Lunn; Marty Schorr. Photographed Dec 19, 2015 at Lakewood Ranch Country Club, Bradenton FL.

5D3_11217.jpg

Roy Lunn at 90 speaking at a luncheon held in his honor.

5D3_11257.jpg

Last edited:

Howard

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 26, 2007
Florida/North Jersey
Well done, Marty and Gary.

Howard

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Yes, that former airplane guy was inducted into the HoF too! ;-))

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Well deserved.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
+1!

Unfortunately these automotive icons will not be around forever. All the more urgency to increase contact time with them and regale in their stories...
I feel very lucky to have attended Neil Ressler's discussion to us at Rally 5, Mose Nowland at Rally 10 and Pete Brock at Rally 9.

MartynL

GT Owner
Feb 19, 2012
Sarasota, FL
Absolutely correct. That's why I took Roy Lunn on as a pro-bono PR client to make sure the hobby, industry and racers were aware of what this man had accomplished. One of the reasons that I committed to the project was that so many people, including key people in Dearborn, had thought he had passed away years ago! Unlike so many high-profile people like Carroll Shelby, Zora Duntov and others who stayed active in the hobby until they passed away, Roy Lunn retired and stayed out of the limelight, did a lot of sailing. His induction into the Automotive Hall Of Fame insures that his heritage will be preserved.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Absolutely correct. That's why I took Roy Lunn on as a pro-bono PR client to make sure the hobby, industry and racers were aware of what this man had accomplished. One of the reasons that I committed to the project was that so many people, including key people in Dearborn, had thought he had passed away years ago! Unlike so many high-profile people like Carroll Shelby, Zora Duntov and others who stayed active in the hobby until they passed away, Roy Lunn retired and stayed out of the limelight, did a lot of sailing. His induction into the Automotive Hall Of Fame insures that his heritage will be preserved.

You did a great thing, for Roy and others like him, whose contributions go unnoticed.

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nice job Marty!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very nice!

Ed