I heard this is the week...

daytrayd

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 23, 2010
Austin, TX
I heard from someone who knows someone that this week we will be notified of the allocations. I dont put much stock in the rumor, but seeing if anyone else has any input. Good luck to all!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Dave needs to stock up on crying towels.

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
I thought it was 90 days after close of the application period which would put it mid-August...

lc2006

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 10, 2011
Centreville, Delaware
Apparently, some performance dealerships (60 of them, I believe) have been notified that they are getting allocations. Perhaps this is where the rumor is coming from???

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
I thought it was 90 days after close of the application period which would put it mid-August...

WITHIN 90 days...

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
The terms and conditions said notifications would be in July so it's possible

Attachments

• 2016-07-20 22.00.02.jpg
    2016-07-20 22.00.02.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 640
Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This was going to inevitably come. I wish you all the best of luck. Hoping, hoping, hoping . . . . .

Vince H

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Time for Special Ed to bust out a "I didn't get chosen either" sticker.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The terms and conditions said notifications would be in July so it's possible

My "acknowledgment of the application" states :notifications will be sent out on or before 90 days of closing date of applications. Which was May 24th in the USA.

So the NLT date would be August 24th.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Really? Dealerships with allocations? How many times have we heard not happening.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Apparently, some performance dealerships (60 of them, I believe) have been notified that they are getting allocations. Perhaps this is where the rumor is coming from???

Dealers don't get allocations - cars are assigned to an individual. Dealers that pay the necessary fees can be selected as service/delivery dealerships. In the application I was asked to name my dealer (which given his size and Vegas location is likely to be chosen for both) but it is not clear that if someone named a dealership can be used for delivery if they also aren't a service location. Given the vehicle handling requirements it seems likely they will have to be both.

AJB

GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 28, 2006
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
....but guys, I heard this from a friend.. who knows a friend ,who is married to a performance dealer who knows Dr. Frank and Stormcat and.................

andy (ajb)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Dealerships do not receive allocations to sell cars.

A select number of dealerships will receive cars for a named member of the franchise agreement (or similar criteria if public company) for personal use.

Dealers were given the opportunity to opt-in to sell a Ford GT while electing not to enroll for service.

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Really? Dealerships with allocations? How many times have we heard not happening.

Dealers don't get an allocation to sell but the dealer himself could apply for a new GT just like the rest of us for his personal use. The dealer is subject to the same buyback agreement with Ford that will apply to other owners. I can assure you that some of the biggest Ford Dealers will get a new GT if they applied for one. And why shouldn't they? Cheers.

Chip

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Also the application process info said there will be a series of emails with time limits to reply. I'll bet that the first of those will trigger a couple of posts here within milliseconds of being received.

I wonder what the emails are: Are they notification of the selection process or requests for further information to finalize the selections?

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I am prepared either way... I have two bottles ready to be opened once I receive the news positive or negative.

The first bottle in a 1995 Screaming Eagle from Napa, California... if YES

The second bottle is a bottle of Ripple in a brown bag I have been holding in my wine lockers for years for this kind of occasion... if the answer is NO

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
I am prepared either way... I have two bottles ready to be opened once I receive the news positive or negative.

The first bottle in a 1995 Screaming Eagle from Napa, California... if YES

The second bottle is a bottle of Ripple in a brown bag I have been holding in my wine lockers for years for this kind of occasion... if the answer is NO

I'm going with either a bottle of Dom or bottle of Thunderbird.:bored

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal

Heck, that's me every weekend!

Ed

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Heck, that's me every weekend!

Ed

Ed... You are talking about the Thunderbird right?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

I've got a nice bottle of 20 year tawny port that works either way