Bridgestones...help

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
Hello

I'm a new member here on the forum and a new GT owner. I am looking for help in finding the Bridgestone tires for my car. I cannot find them anywhere. Do you guys have any leads that would help me find them? Is anyone here interested in selling a full set?

Thanks for any help.

Dave

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida

Last edited:

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Yes, that happens. The good news is they will be fresh when back in stock. The takeaway is don't wait until the last minute to order.

I realize that you didn't wait until the last minute! :) But as a new owner, be advised that the rear tires aren't made in large numbers.

I'm surprised the front tires aren't available. They are OEM Porsche.

Propdave

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 11, 2016
Calgary, Canada
I think the fronts are available from the suppliers but i need to replace all 4 due to age. I also i don't want mismatched tires front and rear.

Looks like I may be stuck with the GY F1's

Yes, that happens. The good news is they will be fresh when back in stock. The takeaway is don't wait until the last minute to order.

I realize that you didn't wait until the last minute! :) But as a new owner, be advised that the rear tires aren't made in large numbers.

I'm surprised the front tires aren't available. They are OEM Porsche.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Personally, if it's just age, and the car was kept indoors (no sun, no big electric motors), and they don't show any sign of age like cracks in the sidewall rubber, I'd wait for the Bridgestones to be back in stock. Unless you want to track the car, or drive at extra-legal speeds on public roads...which is quite risky in Canada, eh?

I ran Bridgestones on the front and my last pair of Goodyears on the rear for almost a year (street only), and there were no handling issues.

If nothing else, I'm helping to keep your thread at the top!

Last edited:

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area

viva gt

GT Owner
Sep 15, 2010
toronto canada
I think the fronts are available from the suppliers but i need to replace all 4 due to age. I also i don't want mismatched tires front and rear.

Looks like I may be stuck with the GY F1's

You have mail

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
Personally, if it's just age, and the car was kept indoors (no sun, no big electric motors), and they don't show any sign of age like cracks in the sidewall rubber, I'd wait for the Bridgestones to be back in stock. Unless you want to track the car, or drive at extra-legal speeds on public roads...which is quite risky in Canada, eh?

I ran Bridgestones on the front and my last pair of Goodyears on the rear for almost a year (street only), and there were no handling issues.

If nothing else, I'm helping to keep your thread at the top!

I agree with Gary. If you can limp on and wait for the fresh set of Bridgestones, IMO that would be best.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
the fronts matching the rears to me isn't a big deal. the Bridgestones are a better gripping tire than the F1s in my opinion (as long as the outside temp is warm). Potenzas and Scuderias don't look that much different.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
I got a fresh set last month from Discount tire.

MDT

GT Owner
Jun 24, 2006
Goodyear developed a new tire for the new Camaro. I wonder if they will make it in other sizes, sounded super sticky.

Joehand1

Tungsten GT Owner
Sep 20, 2007
Hattiesburg, MS, USA
Goodyear developed a new tire for the new Camaro. I wonder if they will make it in other sizes, sounded super sticky.

I doubt it is available in the rear size.

The Bridgestone that was OEM for Ferrari Enzo was only other tire on the market that happened to fit our rear rims.

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
I bought a set of front and rears at onlinetires.com. They are now on sale. Thanks for the link!

The tires are mounted. I still had the 2005's on the car. Great to get those old dangerous shoes off the rims! Great road feel, traction and soft ride. What a difference!!

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I don't know what tire pressure you are running, but probably best at 28-30 psi.