Jay Leno Garage Hurst Hemi Under Glass - "Wait for it"......

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
[video=youtube;LabX19ocJZA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LabX19ocJZA[/video]

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
It's great they were in harnesses and helmets and walked away, both of them (note 1). That really sucks for a legendary car though.

(Note 1): Why in the h*** do the Top Gear guys, both UK and US drive these humongrously killer cars at nearing 200MPH without helmets and in just regular 3-point belts???

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
Yes, but Jay was lucky his right arm wasn't broken or worse.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
I watched not having any idea that was going to happen... I went from.. Ohhh nooo... First for them..then for the legendary car.

You have to love what a great comedian Jay is when asked his name!! True sign of a great comedian...no matter what the situation...they have a witty comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I watched not having any idea that was going to happen... I went from.. Ohhh nooo... First for them..then for the legendary car.

You have to love what a great comedian Jay is when asked his name!! True sign of a great comedian...no matter what the situation...they have a witty comeback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And at the end it showed the rebuilt Hemi Under Glass doing a really cool 2-wheel run down the dragstrip! Awesome.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
OMG.. Jay could have lost his right arm on that tumble

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
50 years of doing it and only 2 accidents and one of them with Jay Leno ridding shotgun, what a lucky carrier for Riggle.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
Man I was watching and was wondering why in the world they would be doing that so close to those barriers lined up...didn't know the old man was gonna try to go into a side drift.

Looks like they could have done some better planning. And I bet the network makes a couple safety policy changes,lol

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Maybe the extra weight on the right side of the car slipped the drivers mind when he turned left.....

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Jay Leno's Garage is back on CNBC. It showed up on my DVR this morning.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Did you happen to notice what car was parked inside his shop at 45 minutes into the show? He has a yellow 2016 Ford GT with black stripes on the floor. Looked like it could be a pre-production with blacked out windows... not sure.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm sure it's the same one that's been making the rounds. I've seen it at SEMA 2015, Sebring 2016 , Barrett Jackson Palm Bch 2016, and the COTA 2016 race / Rally 11. The windows are heavily tinted but at COTA the car was sitting in the bright sun light and you could see it had an interior.

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I did notice it when I watched it last night was also at Road Atlanta.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Also noticed what looked like the same car on display at the Peterson Automotive Museum in LA on the Gas Monkey TV show.