tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Wife wants one now.
2 questions
Towing capacity pull a small car trailer?
What month can I expect delivery if ordered asap?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Specs are not out, but truck is supposed to stay in keeping with the old one. The old SCrew can tow 9k lbs. they don't come until fall of 2016.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Dealers aren't taking orders yet. My wife wants one too after driving mine a lot for the last year. It will pull a trailer no problem.

tpraceman

THEE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 20, 2006
Washington Michigan
Thanks for the input, looks like we will be ordering one for her birthday

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
The old SCrew can tow 9k lbs. they don't come until fall of 2016.

What was the payload rating on the old one?

Has anyone towed a 23-27 foot travel trailer or car trailer occasionally with a Raptor? Interested on hearing your thoughts. I've heard you can have a good off roader or a good hauler, but that it's hard to have both. (suspension).

However, I think it might be worth it to have dual capability...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
We have a 2014 super crew, and now have logged about 5000 miles towing with it. We have a generic 24' steel trailer (not a fancy aluminum one). We have towed many cars including the GT. It handles it just fine. The other truck I have towed a lot with is a 98 Dodge 2500 Cummins 5 speed. I miss the torque of the diesel, but the ride, brakes, and space in the cabin (kids don't fit in the Dodge any longer), is better in the Raptor

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
I have pulled my JimGlo car hauler with GT inside across the country multiple times behind my 2014 super crew Raptor. It works fine as a tow vehicle. There are multiple utube videos that show Raptors in tow mode even crossing the Rockies.

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Like Specracer I have logged many thousands of miles on my'14 while pulling a heavily loaded car trailor. The soft rear suspension is not an issue if you bias the weight a bit to the front of the trailor and employ an equalizer hitch. As well, my previous puller was a diesel (GM) so a Roush blower has helped a bit in the torque department.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
and employ an equalizer hitch.

Is that the same thing as a Weight Distribution Hitch?

I'm new to trailering...

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
^^^ yes, should have included that, the bars make a big difference.

When I got my trailer, it also had one of these. Because I have never towed with out it, if I got a new trailer, I would get one. Filed under can't hurt.

http://www.reesehitches.com/products/Friction_Sway_Control___Drivers_Side,37498

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
^^^ yes, should have included that, the bars make a big difference.

When I got my trailer, it also had one of these. Because I have never towed with out it, if I got a new trailer, I would get one. Filed under can't hurt.

http://www.reesehitches.com/products/Friction_Sway_Control___Drivers_Side,37498

Awesome, yes I have the sway control bar too, looks very similar.

Does your sway bar control "groan" a lot when going around turns as it adjusts? (Due to tension/friction, I assume)

Also have the WDH. Now I just need a Tow Vehicle!

Waiting for Ed Sims to put his Raptor on the market. :)

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah everything creeks and groans when doing sharp turns. I try to use the longest radius, and slow speeds to try to smooth things out.

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
Yeah everything creeks and groans when doing sharp turns. I try to use the longest radius, and slow speeds to try to smooth things out.

Good to know. I know that is going to freak out my wife and kids. I myself was a bit surprised.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
6 terrain modes, enabled by the new ten speed transmission. Wonder which gears are grouped/combined together to come up with those six terrain modes?

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Ford is currently building the new Raptors but they are not for the U.S. (China). We wont see any till fall but are expecting the ordering guide any day now. Contact your favorite dealer to secure your allocation.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Ford is currently building the new Raptors but they are not for the U.S. (China). We wont see any till fall but are expecting the ordering guide any day now. Contact your favorite dealer to secure your allocation.

Not quite yet. Production starts around November.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The thought of Chinese communists driving Raptors brings a smile to my face.

john gourley

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 27, 2006
I have had a ton of fun in my Raptor. Can't wait for the new one.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
The thought of Chinese communists driving Raptors brings a smile to my face.

Agree. Right up to the point where I see the logo says: Rapter. ;-))