PETROL RATIONING IN france due to union/government disputes.

gtjoey

Keep Smiling - GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Guys, my Friends traveling across Europe are having a hard time getting gas as the Unions are in negotiations with the government. They started rationing a couple of days ago.
iN SHORT A GAS/PETROL STRIKE for benefits and wages.
My ETYPE group that faithfully goes to the many events in the month of June have posted a web site for petrol stops.
Go to http://mon-essence.fr/
Saintho , do have any other information or know whats going on?
Safe travels ..
GTJOEY1314

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
Guys, my Friends traveling across Europe are having a hard time getting gas as the Unions are in negotiations with the government. They started rationing a couple of days ago.
iN SHORT A GAS/PETROL STRIKE for benefits and wages.
My ETYPE group that faithfully goes to the many events in the month of June have posted a web site for petrol stops.
Go to http://mon-essence.fr/
Saintho , do have any other information or know whats going on?
Safe travels ..
GTJOEY1314

Good morning everybody.

France is one of the most beautiful countries in the world but one of the most difficult to govern.
The French do not understand that the world is changing every day, and that their behavior must adapt to changes, including making some sacrifices to better prepare the future.
Our leaders are only interested in being elected again, and do not have the courage to make the necessary reforms to prepare the country for new challenges.
In trying to please everyone, they please nobody. The result is the current mess organized by a Communist union.

Do not worry.
A week before Le Mans, starts in France, the largest European Football Championships. It's so "important" here, that unions and the government will be obliged to found a solution. Nobody here want to be responsable of a "football" problem !!!!!

About the strikes, I'm sure that things will be normal again for Le Mans.

If not, prepare your engines to work with Champagne, and keep some bottles for the victory of the Ford GT.

Best regards from France.

Francis (Saint Ho).

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Sounds like the politicians in France are much like ours in the USA.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I heard the strike is over

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Champagne for fuel? Ha, I won't hear of it. Sparkling wine is a gift from God & will only be for us! We will get through this.

Ed

PS And thank goodness I didn't bring my GT as my Accufab engine gets the worse gas mileage!