The Ford GT, plays well with others...

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
One thing I've always enjoyed about my Roush Stage II Mustang and SVT Cobra that I used to own was that you could pretty much get along with anyone.

I got pulled over a few times in the Cobra, but more often than not, it was just a polite roadside conversation, and I wasn't doing anything untoward, I think they were just curious about the car for the most part.

I think the general attitude is that most people love a mustang, and it doesn't carry a snobby air about it.

Bring that same general enthusiasm to the Ford GT, and you always end up meeting interesting people.

Yesterday afternoon, I thought I'd get away for a view and a snack. (photos from my iPhone 6)

Immediately upon arriving at the Lookout Roadhouse, the waitress is enthusiastically waving. "Thanks for coming here!"

And a group of motorcyclists invite me to sit down and join them for lunch.

Simply delightful service from the Ninja enthusiast (and Horse riding) waitress.

Didn't need a menu, saw the Filet Mignon Tips, with Onions, and Grilled Mushrooms, and knew I needed look no further. Also had a cream soda, from the ecletic mix of beverage offerings. Definitely nothing fancy, but so good!!!

The view. Hard to beat. Drove up here in an exotic performance car, but was still welcomed with smiles and friendship. Sat down and joined three gentlemen that were riding beautifully restored vintage Nortons, and another gentleman had a sparkley new Thruxton R that was a sight to see. One of them even told me the story about how Ford was going to buy Ferrari in the 60's. I just listened and smiled. We also talked about Dan Gurney and his race cars and Alligator motorcycles. And talked about the latest on Eric Buell Racing (EBR Motorcycles).

So, in summary, great view, excellent service with a smile, and friendly atmosphere, what's not to like?

Going to head out again in a couple weeks for a Sunday brunch, this time on the motorcycle with friends! Maybe we'll be the ones seeing someone else's Ford GT out there.

Are we lucky or what?

IMG_2932_zpsnxleaouu.jpg

IMG_2929_zpszfs6cha3.jpg

IMG_2927_zpsqyqn3cdd.jpg

LookoutGT-_zps6fc2fznx.jpg

IMG_2921_zpsgwhn9all.jpg

Last edited:

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
Excellent post and great photos. Thanks!

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Everybody loves the Ford GT.
I have had many similar experiences.
Thanks for sharing the machine with others and being another fine ambassador.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Well said Randy. We all certainly benefit from Ford and the GT's "down to earth car guy" reputation.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Great Post Randy !! Love the pictures !!

JWZ

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 17, 2013
Texas
Nice! Great pix! Thanks for sharing!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I recently had the same welcoming experience with a great Corvette group from the Birmingham, AL area. They invited me to a car show near Foley, AL on the Gulf coast, about a 2-hr drive from my home. About a dozen Corvettes were taking a week long cruise on the back roads of AL and FL ending up at Foley, then returning on different back roads. They were all joking and laughing about how everywhere we drove, people would stop what they were doing and point at the FGT as we went by. Also had quite a few people actually follow us and I did an impromptu car show in the parking lot of a restaurant, park, etc. They all thought it was great how people loved the FGT. I've been warmly welcomed to local Porsche, Ferrari, Hot Rod, and Supercar events in the area. I'm always getting invites to various Cars and Coffee events and car shows within a 2-hr drive and even at events as far as Pigeon Forge, TN. The FGT is indeed a car that is accepted and admired by literally every car person. They all love telling stories about what they've heard and experienced about the FGT and GT-40. It really is a wonderful feeling, so I go out of my way to make sure they enjoy the experience by opening up my engine compartment and interior so they can take pictures, etc.