Next Gen Corvette Rumors

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
The Corvette is a great car, but the styling has a shelf life of about 15 minutes.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Cutting edge styling (keeping it fresh, that is) isn’t an easy proposition in their current buyer demographic. Value is a bit easier row.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...for starters.

Edit: 'Wish I could find the 2 renderings ...(my fave) was a single rendering of a more streamlined version (gray or silver, I think).

'Finally found it. 'Don't care for its 'protruding lower lip' chin spoiler, but otherwise it 'works for me'.

Go to 00:08 after the ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XtqdCk0vebY

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Cutting edge styling (keeping it fresh, that is) isn’t an easy proposition in their current buyer demographic. Value is a bit easier row.

New chrome wheel design...BOOM!...cutting edge restored.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida

I guess, but beautiful designs are timeless. The new Miata is a beautiful design for what is basically an economy car. The Ford Fusion is a great design and it's a value/volume sedan. I think the problem is with low-talent designers. GM has been a design wasteland for a long time now.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
When was a decent looking Cadillac produced...

GM has been a design wasteland for a long time now.

vyprgt2

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2005
CA
Longest introduction: New Toyota Supra

No kidding! 20 years later....

(I thought the intro for the next gen NSX took way too long, but the Supra is even more of an agonizingly long wait!)

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
Longest introduction: New Toyota Supra

No kidding! 20 years later....

The mid-engine 'Vette's "introduction" has been expected in earnest off-and-on since 1970. :facepalm:

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I have a C7Z...quite an amazing car actually! There's nothing it doesn't do well...and you can't beat the price. Also very fast and sounds like a gorilla under WOT! It certainly compares favorably to any supercar out there at hundreds of thousands more. Yes, it's still a mass produced Corvette, but it's no slouch under any circumstances....and it's super comfy to drive too. And for not a lot of scratch, you can take 'em well beyond 750 WHP, reliably...just sayin'...

Still would not drive one.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
'Finally found it. 'Don't care for its 'protruding lower lip' chin spoiler, but otherwise it 'works for me'.

The front "lip" needs the intercept of the best plastic surgeon alive, holy proportions GM!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W

That render, is a Lamborghini Huracan, with some photoshop. The C8 will never look like that.
If you have seen the camo'd C8 spy pics...it looks much like a modern version of the C5, with a long wheel overhang in the back. Pretty ugly from the pics, so far. It may change once the camo is removed, but it'll never look like the render in your link.

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
Still would not drive one.
Your choice of course, but I drive mine often and will possibly trade up to a ZR1, once the price softens up...in a year or so.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

In its day, this one:

https://www.williamhortonphotography.com/1957-cadillac-eldorado-biarritz/

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...it'll never look like the render in your link.

'No argument there. As I stated earlier, it's just one of the 2 renderings I instantly liked when I saw it on the 'net...chin spoiler aside.

Odds are the rendering on the cover of the May issue of C&D will prove to be the most accurate (if not 'spot on'), but, it does nothing at all for me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
www.corvetteforum.com is probably the best source for Corvette related information and discussion.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
www.corvetteforum.com is probably the best source for Corvette related information and discussion.

Yeah, but you'll be subjected to threads like "How many links in a gold chain are too many" and "Do UV rays through the clear targa top damage hair transplants?"

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Yeah, but you'll be subjected to threads like "How many links in a gold chain are too many" and "Do UV rays through the clear targa top damage hair transplants?"

LOL

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime

1964-65

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime

That is the Viper forum.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas

Probably true, but I have heard that forum is full of Corvette owners.