Next Gen Corvette Rumors

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
C-7 will most likely have an electric model too. Just think you might get a Cor-volt in 2019.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
You're bad Jeff.

txviper

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 31, 2007
I respect and appreciate Corvettes. I have owned a C4, 04 Z06,09 Z06, and 15 Z06. But I don't keep them for very long at all. They just aren't for me, I try them everyonce in a while thinking that will change but it never does. I will never say never...but the 15 Z06 will probably be my last vette.

I would like to have a few classic vettes.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I respect and appreciate Corvettes. I have owned a C4, 04 Z06,09 Z06, and 15 Z06. But I don't keep them for very long at all. They just aren't for me, I try them everyonce in a while thinking that will change but it never does. I will never say never...but the 15 Z06 will probably be my last vette.

Corvettes are thrash it around the track and then move on. That's why, when/if they do a mid engine, it won't be positioned as a collector car but priced so buyers know they will be worth less (your percentage of less may vary) the instant you drive it off the lot. And they will make thousands, as many as they can sell.

For the classic a 63 split window would work for me. I like the 50's versions but like the equivalent T-birds better.

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I'm guessing $125K to $150K for the C-8. The C6 Z06's had Carbon Fiber Front Fenders and Hood so CF body panels are not going to make the price outrageous.
A CF Chassis would jack up the cost,, but Mfg techniques are bringing down those costs. I'm wondering if they will go with the new GT formula. Super light combustion engine only or NSX formula.. Small turbo motor augmented by electric motors..

SBR

GT Owner
Aug 23, 2009

The classic Vettes are great, just be sure that you are very educated or ask for help from someone that knows what they are looking at.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Never mind all that Gents, they are still the best bang for the buck sport car.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
'Best looking rendering I've seen so far (gray/silver car in 1st photo):

www.automobilemag.com/news/2019-chevrolet-corvette-c7-zr1-c8-zora-expect/

Now...if G.M. will put an engine in it the 1st year and the dealer doesn't demand my house as payment for his ADM...

Last edited:

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV
I don't know, Looks like a Lambo with an Aston Martin grill. :frown

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Oh no, say it 'aint so. The "proportions" are way off, particularly the front vs. the front spoiler.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
I don't know, Looks like a Lambo with an Aston Martin grill. :frown

...and Mustang-ish rear qtr windows.

But, it's still the best looking rendering I've seen to date... :wink

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Definitely better than several of the earlier supposed end result designs but not even in the same universe of the newly envisioned FGT from a design perspective. Looks like every other Euro Supercar with a mile long windshield and insanely short nose.

I think they should keep the Corvette moniker off of it and make it into it's own product line. The C7 is too good of a take on the classic coke bottle theme to get diluted with this car, which really is a stretch to even call a Corvette.

JMO :cheers

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Never mind all that Gents, they are still the best bang for the buck sport car.

"The two happiest days in a Corvette Owner's life are: the day he buys it, and the day he upgrades to a better sports car"

I ordered a New '12 C6 for $43K from the factory and have put 40K mi. on it as a daily driver in LA. I have meticulously maintained at a dealer known for servicing Vette's per factory service intervals and have had it detailed monthly. Nevertheless, it has encountered 6 well known C6 warranty claims of over $1000/ea & 1-5 days in rental.

-Clutch slave cylinder (failed; recall)
-Rear hatch closing mechanism
-Harmonic balancer
-Fuel tank vent (remove tank to replace)
-Driver seat pwr adg. failed
-Wheel hub sensor failed

Granted dealer always had it written up per warranty correctly, and even threw in new battery and free wash. After 3yrs I sprang for the 7yr/100K GM warranty for $3K, which paid for itself in 30 days when fuel tank went.

Do I have a lemon? No, every issue comes up with C6s in use/miles (as reported by 1000s on CF forum) and many will never encounter when doing sunday drives and 1500 RPM highway cruises for 20+yrs.

Overall, it always started on first push and never left me stranded; just gave me sounds/smells/blips to take it in.

My take is Vette's have sub-systems with wide manufacturing tolerances and are assembled with inconsistent QC standards. If you are lucky and your car gets precision assembly, mating, seating and testing...then you are one of the owners that raves about "a flawless car". If not, their warranty catches it.

The main sentiment in shifting, braking, acceleration is one of slack, slop and clunks (they even have names: 'marbles in a can' for clutch); some call this "crude character, brute-power, or sledge hammer force". If you like precision; ratcheting; positive engagement; then Vette's are not for you. Also, the greenhouse effect and center tunnel will warm up; A/C will freeze your face while legs sweat. Interior: be ok with carpet behind seats just being cut on edge, and laying on floor and tires approach GT $.

I am very happy I experienced a Vette and will be happier when CarMax gives me a check for $27K (not bad aft 6+yrs) and $2K for pro-rated GM warranty-refund, which I will credit towards a M-B SLS.

Last edited:

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I've had C3's /C4's /C5's /C6Z's and now a C7Z.

Had zero issue with my C6Z...and sold it after 43k miles. I think I had to change oil a few times and the battery once. At 41k miles, I built it to 1250 HP before selling and killed it with a poor build.

My 2017 Z (A8) is a beast...and the only issue so far after 10k miles, is bent wheels, which GM replaced and I put on the shelf. It's a beast and handles like a go cart...faster than pretty much most cars on the road...

It's no PDK and LDF transmission - but it's automatic with paddles and performance shift - it works and it's an easy car to drive without killing yourself. It's half the cost of my 911 TTS and under that compared to my FGT's. It's not a FGT, old or new...but it's a hell of a car for even way more money than that. It's a real 650 / 650 with an 8 speed and it goes like stink from the get go or at 100+ MPH.

I'm waiting for the Whipple 2.9, which should get a good 200 HP / TQ more...but honestly, I have nothing bad to say about the Vette. These new ones are a far cry in build quality from any previous generation. This is mine...

Attachments

• IMG_0136_zpshnuqhek5.jpg
    IMG_0136_zpshnuqhek5.jpg
    178.3 KB · Views: 302
  • IMG_0103_zpszkxufoil.jpg
    IMG_0103_zpszkxufoil.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 348
  • IMG_0108_zpsd1jxnst2.jpg
    IMG_0108_zpsd1jxnst2.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 342

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
^^^ exactly. Don't dilute that with the Zora

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
...I have nothing bad to say about the Vette. These new ones are a far cry in build quality from any previous generation...

IMHO, most who've owned 'em would likely echo your opinion...just as they would echo your implied 'take' on the car's reliability.

I haven't owned one for several years. But, back when I did, my only gripe(s) concerned fit and finish (especially the paint job)...and how el-cheapo their interiors were.

I still remember every foot of every mile of the drive home from the dealership (about a 100 mile trip) in my 1st one (a '68 "T"-top). The only car I've ever owned that has ever exceeded the amount attention generated by that car was #1079...and it did so only by a hair. :wink

Last edited:

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
I am very happy I experienced a Vette and will be happier when CarMax gives me a check for $27K (not bad aft 6+yrs) and $2K for pro-rated GM warranty-refund, which I will credit towards a M-B SLS.

Talk about a serious upgrade.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I drove a Z51 equipped Stingray and thought it was a very good car. The price was right too.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
This wouldn't be too bad either:

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/..._IydNbgkkAyT3JfUA808u1dFE45UiCbXw35y4xnxycQPP

...but, it doesn't really 'float my boat'.

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
Isn't that a Lamborvette?