Door ajar dash light stays on

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I had the same issue with my clamshell. Drivers side latch switch was the issue. Jumped it out until I could replace it.

It is a Jaguar part, you can see the leaping cat impression on the switch. If I get a chance I will post the PN.

Best, Bret.

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
I had the same issue with my clamshell. Drivers side latch switch was the issue. Jumped it out until I could replace it.

It is a Jaguar part, you can see the leaping cat impression on the switch. If I get a chance I will post the PN.

Best, Bret.

Thanks Bret.

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Pauls,

The latch & switch is from a 2004 - 2007 Jaguar XJ8.

The switch part # : 2W9319A434AC

Should cost around $50.

.......well at least until the parts' houses figure out it is a FGT part. :wink

Hope this helps.

Best,

Bret.

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
Pauls,

Should cost around $50.

.......well at least until the parts' houses figure out it is a FGT part. :wink

Hope this helps.

Best,

Bret.

Thanks Bret, Paul

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
Pauls,

It is the clam shell switch. I know it is under my nose but I don't see it. It seems from what you write there is a right and left. Can you help me locate the switches? Thanks.

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
IMG_2592.jpgthe switch is the same from left to right but installs 180 degrees opposite from left to right.
it's only a $30.00 switch. it snaps up inside the clamshell latches. hope this helps

Reactions: intence

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
View attachment 47336the switch is the same from left to right but installs 180 degrees opposite from left to right.
it's only a $30.00 switch. it snaps up inside the clamshell latches. hope this helps

Thanks Scott

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Scott, can you still get this part, new?

Best,

Bret.

Last edited:

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
yes still available (for now) Ford service PN 2W9Z-14018-AA

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
Thanks Scott.

pauls

GT Owner
Jan 7, 2015
San Francisco Bay Area
I finally figured it out. The problem was the clam shell as many of you had said. What I wasn't doing was when the two sides of the clam shell are latched I need to take the palm of my hand on the clam sell over both latches and push down. I don't here a click (that already happened when the shell latches). I don't hear anything. The laches were just not fully seated. Finally the annoying door ajar light is history. A big thanks to all of you for your advice!

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I finally figured it out. The problem was the clam shell as many of you had said. What I wasn't doing was when the two sides of the clam shell are latched I need to take the palm of my hand on the clam sell over both latches and push down. I don't here a click (that already happened when the shell latches). I don't hear anything. The laches were just not fully seated. Finally the annoying door ajar light is history. A big thanks to all of you for your advice!

That's why I let mine drop from 4-6". Never had a problem after that.

PS. Thanks for following up! People rarely do so.

Last edited: