Rally XI

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I noticed there is a WEC race in Austin, Texas the same week as the dates I thought were mentioned as the FordGTForum Rally dates. I was hoping to do both events... Is there any update on the Rally dates or location?

http://www.fiawec.com/races/6-hours-of-the-circuit-of-the-Americas.html

Last edited:

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I thought you were doing a retrospective on rally 2 with the II. Im thinking XI is more descriptive. We will be where ever it is. Cant miss one, haven't yet...

Edit, original post has been changed so no one will have a clue what I'm talking about now.

Last edited:

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Ive never been to Austin, that would be fun...

Nafod

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Fun town, the track looks great..

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Some of us went last year for the event. Very, very nice. Not real huge crowds and weather was hot but bearable. Silverbullitt got us into the Ford corral and we got a parade lap. It is somewhat far from downtown Austin. Very enjoyable weekend. Pricing was reasonable.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Some of us went last year for the event. Very, very nice. Not real huge crowds and weather was hot but bearable. Silverbullitt got us into the Ford corral and we got a parade lap. It is somewhat far from downtown Austin. Very enjoyable weekend. Pricing was reasonable.

I thought it rained (no, flooded) last year for the F1 event....

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
This was for the Texas Lemans about a month before F1.

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
If you have never been to Austin. No sand, no desert, no tumbleweeds.

http://oasis-austin.com/

Cars and coffee location.

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
If you have never been to Austin. No sand, no desert, no tumbleweeds.

http://oasis-austin.com/

Cars and coffee location.

Great place, but not really 'Austin'....

Last edited:

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
It's about 15 miles from downtown. Austin is on the edge of the TX hill country. Hundreds of miles of twisties. My drive to and from work looks like the foothills of the Rocky Mountains. This road starts in Austin and ends about 2 miles from the Oasis.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=AchrPk61Nl8

Last edited:

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Hopefully there are more country roads around Austin. I'm not a fan of city driving. Also noticed he/she likes to park in the passing lane. Shame, shame.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I didn't say the Rally was in Austin... just that there is a WEC race there during the dates I thought were mentioned for Rally XI. Not sure when or where the rally is going to be this year. I was hoping to attend the WEC race but if the Rally is somewhere else... I will be attending the Rally.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Dave, So where is Rally XI going to be? I thought you had eluded to Austin for XI and Canada for XII? I'm trying to deconflict my other plans so I can attend Rally XI and had based my planning on Rally XI being in Austin. Knowing the location and dates is therefore important to me and I'm sure everyone else at this late date. It's only 4 months away from the dates you gave us. Thanks for setting these Rallies up. You always do a super job.

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
I may be able to make Sept 17 @ Austin. Always wanted to drive COTA. How many days on track ?

Any chance I can drive my Corvette Daytona Prototype on track too ? :biggrin

They look good together.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    58.9 KB · Views: 246

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Probably only parade lap. It is in line for the WEC/IMSA Texas LeMans race weekend. G

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
A Corvette at a FordGTRally???? Remember DBK has not let us know where the 2016 Rally will be yet...

HUBBSTER

GT Owner
May 9, 2010
Miami, FL
Probably only parade lap. It is in line for the WEC/IMSA Texas LeMans race weekend. G

I can't go all the way to TX for a parade lap. I need at least a full day of track time or not interested, sorry.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We had one Rally in Austin. We did a lot of events: drag strip, Texas Mile, track day: everything was far away from Austin. If we have the Rally in Austin it'll be very different than that one.

But if it's not in Austin, it'll be somewhere else. Maybe up North.

Ed

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Ed, are you really sure it will be somewhere else? I imagine if aircraft never flew there'd be fewer crashes also. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SYCO GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Sep 9, 2006
California
We had one Rally in Austin. We did a lot of events: drag strip, Texas Mile, track day: everything was far away from Austin. If we have the Rally in Austin it'll be very different than that one.

Ed

We had some fun drives on the rural roads, whew, things were really spread out in Texas.

Remember all those flying bugs on the way back from the track?

Texas%20Rally--4%20copy_zps3yewtzdb.jpg

Texas%20Rally--3%20copy_zpstq4pezjf.jpg

Texas%20Rally--2%20copy_zpsn9du4abx.jpg

Texas%20Rally-%20copy_zpstwbdkhtv.jpg

Texas%20Rally--5%20copy_zpstel32ryx.jpg