Separation anxiety

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The car has never been out of my sight since I bought it (I do all work on it myself too, so it doesn't even go to a shop), so it's truly weird to see an empty hole in the garage.
This was taken when we dropped our cars off for shipping to England. Can't wait for June 10th, hopefully it will look no different ?...
Oh, hot tip for speculators - buy Triumphs and old Jags (the ropier the better) and ship them to UK for resale. The warehouse was full of them on their way to England, so I'm presuming there's money in it, even allowing for shipping costs.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 512

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I don't blame you for anxiety but it will worth it when you can rub it in for those of us who passed up this option. See you soon.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
The car has never been out of my sight since I bought it (I do all work on it myself too, so it doesn't even go to a shop), so it's truly weird to see an empty hole in the garage.
This was taken when we dropped our cars off for shipping to England. Can't wait for June 10th, hopefully it will look no different ?...
Oh, hot tip for speculators - buy Triumphs and old Jags (the ropier the better) and ship them to UK for resale. The warehouse was full of them on their way to England, so I'm presuming there's money in it, even allowing for shipping costs.

It's kind of like sending a loved one off to the military. You assume they will return as they were when they left but you never know....:biggrin Should be an epic trip!

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I hope that this exceptional trip to France with your beloved Ford GT, will give you all the fun you expect.
In any case, it will be a pleasure to meet you.

Best regards.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll tell my longshoreman buddies to go easy on your car.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I'll tell my longshoreman buddies to go easy on your car.

Ha! When I bought my McLaren and knew it was on the ship and coming over, there were a bunch of you tube videos circulating showing the dock workers hooning around in the cars whilst loading them out. I was not amused. So long as these guys don't try to set off in third - my clutch couldn't handle it!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I don't blame you for anxiety but it will worth it when you can rub it in for those of us who passed up this option. See you soon.

I also think taking our cars counts for an additional 50,000 attaboys on our NFGT application!

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I also think taking our cars counts for an additional 50,000 attaboys on our NFGT application!

I've been told it's actually 100,000.

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City

I've noticed an increase in you posts lately as well. ;)

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Off they go:

c1b1f5ebb6479a982a8ed158924b8c9f.jpg

adf394194079d688475b4028b3ea203b.jpg

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Bon voyage!

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Heading To Le Mans

Road To Le Mans.jpg
:cheers

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
Good reason to own two GT's :)

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Damn......... I missed out on this one [emoji30] happy for all who were able to ship their cars. See everyone in LeMans!!

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
#34 on the way to London.

Gentlemen,

#34 is tucked into her container with a Heritage GT for company and headed to LeMans for a good time and those 100,000 ataboys that DBK talked about. Going to be a great time!!

Chip

Attachments

• GT Europe.jpg
    GT Europe.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 197

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
I've noticed an increase in you posts lately as well. ;)

Trying to catch up with Stormcat

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
disappointed I found out to late that the shipping of the GT's was back on... I would have done it at the last minute but too much trouble for just 3 days of driving to and from the track at Le Mans. I would have loved to ship early and do some driving in Europe before the race with other GT owners...

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
i will be anxiously awaiting pictures from France from all of ya'll while I introduce my first grand baby to my GT's at home. Safe travels to all the cars and peeps attending. It will be a pleasure giving my son and daughter in law a break at 03:00 a.m. watching the race.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Keeping #34 company.

image.jpg

Saint Ho

GT Owner
Feb 12, 2013
Paris FRANCE
I express great respect and admiration for those who are enthusiastic enough to make this great journey with their Ford GT.
I will have great pleasure to meet you.
Feel free to contact me if you need assistance in France.

Bon voyage to you and your car.

Best regards.

Francis (Saint Ho).