Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
PM sent.

Chip

Spirit

Heritage GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Received mine a couple of days ago, excellent quality.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Let me re-post a message I sent about a month ago when I installed mine. By the way, I'll be at the Rally and anyone who is interested can check them out in my car.

"I received my seat covers from Christa last week and have now installed them. Let me give my assessment.

The covers are very well made out of a black synthetic upholstery cloth material with foam backing. They are definitely nicer than the canvas covers I've seen. They fit the GT seats well. They are held on by a half dozen elastic straps across the back and at the front corners. I had to pull and work the edge down around the seat belt anchor on the inner edge of the seat, but that's because there isn't much clearance there.

The covers are just that--covers. They are somewhat loose fitting, because to make them snug up to the original leather would require some way of attaching them into the seating area (not something you would want to try at home). They stay in place pretty well when I get in and out of the car, but they do slide around a bit, so I typically reposition myself to let them straighten out after I get into the car. However, they stay in place better than most seat covers I've used in other cars over the years.

I think they are very comfortable, especially given the hot humid weather we have been experiencing on the East Coast the past few days, because the cloth breathes much better than the leather. I also expect the cloth to be more comfortable in cold weather.

I asked Christa to put a pocket on the front of the covers, in the same place as the net pocket at the front edge of the seats. I generally keep my Valentine-1 there. If you want that pocket, be sure to let Christa know you want that option. She also offers an option for a pocket that hangs on the back of the passenger seat. That is about 10" X 14" so you can put a book, magazines or clipboard in there.

Bottom line: for $500 I think they are a great accessory and I recommend them.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
I have a brand new set of these for sale. Never used. Had the front pockets made for storage. Just looking to get what I paid for them. I'll eat the shipping in CONUS. $550

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Ed, I posted in the other thread that I'll take them.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Let me put in another unsolicited testament for Christa. I've now had them in my car almost a year and 5000 miles and they are just as great as when I wrote about them last year. Highly recommended.

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
I added an air lumbar support to my seat covers in anticipation of the long drive I'm making out to Utah and the West Coast.

I went to Summit Racing and order the hand pump model made by Keyser for $60. This is a vinyl bag with three channels and a bulb hand pump, like the kind on blood pressure cuffs. Then I made a pocket out of some material from an old bed sheet and sewed it into the inside back of the seat cover. The pocket is about 9.5" x 9.5" and the top of the pocket sits about 1" above the seam in the seat cover that is at the top of your lumbar region. I got that location by pinning it in place and testing where I liked it, then shifting it until I got my sweet spot. I made the material longer than the pocket, so I could sew it into the seams in the seat cover above and below the location of the lumbar support, because I did not want to put a new seam in the middle of the seat cover. TH hand bulb hangs out the lower edge and tucks neatly behind/beside the seat.

So far I really like it. Longer term user report available at the rally.

Pics attached.

Attachments

• IMG_1124.jpg
    IMG_1124.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_1125.jpg
    IMG_1125.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 65

GT Venum

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 4, 2010
Wisconsin
Just a quick FYI.
I was talking with Christa this weekend and she has 2 sets of covers ready to ship.