Is the collector car market topping out?

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
At the Beverly Hills / Greystone Concours this past weekend; nearly every car was for sale.

Owners weren't sitting in fold up chairs next to rides; was mostly brokers/agents, some quite surly.

Some even complained to me: 'its all brokers looking for their 7%'

Not sure if its the top; but clearly its not the hot-house atmosphere of even 24-36mos ago when these shows had actual owners being sweet-talked about offers from overseas and many a car had SOLD signs.

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I'm guessing GT prices are about flat year over year if you take out the outliers like 100 mile and Gulf cars.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
When my kids sell my GT after I die - hopefully not for another 25 years - I hope they get something out of it. Until then: the miles rack up & the fun won't stop!

Ed

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
When my kids sell my GT after I die - hopefully not for another 25 years - I hope they get something out of it. Until then: the miles rack up & the fun won't stop!

Ed

:thumbsup :thumbsup

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX

Ed
My attitude as well.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I agree with buy what you like. Do we enjoy our beloved FGT's because they are a great investment?Or because it's one of the true loves of our meaningless life's?
If in fact values are down,I am thrilled! Perhaps now more owners will drive them!
I think I might even take mine for a drive in the rain!

Last edited:

The Grey Ghost

GT Owner
Mar 13, 2009
Kansas City
The government just sold a low mileage (I think maybe 3k) Tungsten at an auction here in KC.
It was part of a number of cars seized in an embezzlement case. It went for $285k.
I'm guessing we may not see him on the forum for a while.
Seemed like a nice guy though, the one time I met him anyway.

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I agree with Ed about my 05 GT being in my will, But I have 2 kids, really need the new GT to "even it out"!

Sharona

GT Owner
Oct 28, 2015
SF Bay area
As Mark Twain said - Buy real estate cause they ain't makin any more of that stuff.... they ain't makin anymore 2005/06 Ford GTs

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.

Ed
+10000
I could not agree more!!!
The guy who dies with the most mileage wins!!!!!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
We have a ways to go to catch up to Jeff & Ralphie!

Ed

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Do like Ferris Bueller did, just not in reverse.