From Hot Rod: Far From Failure: What Racing the Ford GT Does for Ford

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
View attachment 41226

The new Ford GT was designed in secrecy. Only people crucial to the project even knew there was a project. Meetings were held after normal working hours and were discussed in code, with no placement on official shared calendars. The design room was locked with a physical padlock rather than the standard keycard, so even operations managers didn’t know there was anything going on in the basement. The engineers risked their relationships by keeping the secret from their friends and spouses. The vast majority of Ford employees only learned about the car a day before its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show...(more)

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1602-far-from-failure-what-racing-the-gt-does-for-ford/

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Great read

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Very good article. One of the best so far. Was that written by the lady who called Dr Frank "a lovely man"?

Ed

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
I think it was Blake

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Yes, same author. I think StormCat and DBK captivated her. I'm just lovely.

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Truly a good article. I think Frank is disappointed Stormcat got all the attention and all Frank got was a "twins" pic on the Forum.

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Not true Jack. My picture with a red GT is in the article. I could have been a media hog, but my little brother StormCar needed the attention and had the empty seat.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Yes , great article ! Elana was a really great girl. She said we would probably see her at Le mans. Thanks again Bro !!

sr71

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2007
Calgary, Great White
View attachment 41226

even operations managers didn’t know there was anything going on in the basement. The engineers risked their relationships by keeping the secret from their friends and spouses. The vast majority of Ford employees only learned about the car a day before its debut at the 2015 Detroit Auto Show...(more)

http://www.hotrod.com/features/1602-far-from-failure-what-racing-the-gt-does-for-ford/

That would go a long way to explaining the absolutely no mention of the new GT in the recent Netflix documentary "A Faster Horse". A rather excellent doc on the development of the new Mustang.