New ford racing ford gt performance muffler being released again!!!!

Hey guys just a heads up the Ford Racing muffler is being released again. Unfortunately it is being priced much higher now (retail $4999.99) geesh....but as always we are here to help you guys out with pricing. If you are interested in one email me directly for pricing.

https://www.fordracingparts.com/parts/part_details.asp?PartKeyField=8591

Jack @ MMP
jack@musclemotors.com

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Yipes ! on price for sure. What was it back in the day with Ford Performance Racing Parts?

Look at all the other options they offer for other sporty cars in the lineup. Prices all over the lot. Some seem high, but others look like relative bargains. Perhaps some of those smart-sounding Mustang GTs that we hear on the street are using some of these modifications. Nice to know that Ford is producing this type of system to support their performance enthusiasts. Too bad nothing for my Pantera in there. LOL

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
That link is a joke. It still shows the first (crappy) gen muffler. If you want the properly done muffler (i.e., no weld cracks, no rotting stuffing) get it direct from Borla at way less than half that price. They'll sell you the long tube headers to go with it too.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
That link is a joke. It still shows the first (crappy) gen muffler. If you want the properly done muffler (i.e., no weld cracks, no rotting stuffing) get it direct from Borla at way less than half that price.

I seriously doubt that Borla has two different construction processes in house - a "crappy" way with the Ford Racing logo and an improved way with their own logo. That doesn't make any sense and Borla, quite frankly, is well above that. As for Jack's post - MANY people prefer to have the Ford Racing logo on the product and. as such, Jack's post is informative.

I might add that we installed #0001 of the new batch last weekend and the fitment/quality was flawless.

Last edited:

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Yipes ! on price for sure. What was it back in the day with Ford Performance Racing Parts?

$2,500

Although the new price is high, it's a pleasant surprise Ford brought back this aftermarket part for a low-volume car out of production 10 years.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I seriously doubt that Borla has two different construction processes in house - a "crappy" way with the Ford Racing logo and an improved way with their own logo. That doesn't make any sense and Borla, quite frankly, is well above that. As for Jack's post - MANY people prefer to have the Ford Racing logo on the product and. as such, Jack's post is informative.

I might add that we installed #0001 of the new batch last weekend and the fitment/quality was flawless.
Borla has a first gen (that was crappy) and replaced it with a second gen that is worthy of their million mile warranty.

The Ford logo was dropped when FRPP stopped offering the part. Borla, to their credit, continues to offer the same muffler that FRPP dropped. The difference? It says Borla instead of Ford Racing.

If the "new" muffler looks as pictured, then it is 1st gen NOS.

Last edited:

Chris A.

GT #32
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 6, 2007
Ortega Mountain, CA
I have the Borla prototype om my car (#32), still together and sounds fantastic. Its not branded by either.

nota4re

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 15, 2006
Xcentric continues to confuse the issue... not sure why. Ford Performance is once again offering this muffler WITH the Ford Racing logo. This is their newest muffler design and I'm sure has all of their updates. Not sure how to make it any simpler.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Pulling my Ford (Borla) racing muffler off this spring (attached to long tube headers), going to try the tubi muffler.

Cant wait to hear the new sound!

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
33Bravo. We removed a Tubi from a customers GT. It blew out at the seams. Just fyi.