Front Plate ticket from CHP in CA

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
So....after 3yrs got my first front plate ticket.....Super Bowl Sunday no less, cops all over

Is this a zip-tie and go to Sheriffs Dept or can Smog/DMV stations do ? (Ticket has box for Inspection Station #)

OR Will they need bolts / screws?!?

analogdesigner

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 15, 2005
San Clemente, CA USA
Kayvan,

Yeah, that sucks... I have seen tie wraps used, however I would make it look nice and then tell them that in the meantime you had to special order the parts from the factory (12-16 weeks). Talk nice and let us know what happens...

So....after 3yrs got my first front plate ticket.....Super Bowl Sunday no less, cops all over

Is this a zip-tie and go to Sheriffs Dept or can Smog/DMV stations do ? (Ticket has box for Inspection Station #)

OR Will they need bolts / screws?!?

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State

...and yet ATVs, dealer cars, certain classic cars, farm vehicles, motorcycles, and cars with "trip permits" can legally run w/o front plates any day, any time (in the case of a car with a trip permit, no plates at all). So much for "equal protection".

Go 'figger'.

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
Was off my game today....

Usually out by 7am, back by 10am for Malibu / Cyn / PCH run

Did 11am-1pm and it's congested

FYI - Car went off cliff near Mugu Point and was resting upright in rocks /surf; huge crane was lifting it up and like 10 pch, LA sheriff, fire trucks. On scene when I passed

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 292
Last edited:

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
You can get a license plate holder from Moweraxle. Screws into the tow hook port on the front of the car.

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
I believe in any Leo can sign off a plates violation you just have to befriend some policemen show them your plate mounted and have them sign off your ticket.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Any "law enforcement officer" can sign off on your "fix it" ticket. Tape it on to you car & have someone look at it & sign it off. You can stop any one & have them do it or go to a cop station & have them do it. When you get home take it off. The GT does not deserve a front plate.

Ed

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
You can get a license plate holder from Moweraxle. Screws into the tow hook port on the front of the car.

And don't ever drive over 55/65 mph! LOL

Ed

PS Sorry KMCBOSS - I could't resist!

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
As posted above, I have this that I put on once a year, but keep in the car just in case.

http://moweraxle.com/

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
Terrible thing to have to do to a nice car.
I'll pay the fine.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Here in Texas I've got tons of warnings but never a ticket.
Funny, I've never been stopped in my Rangerover which also has no front plate.....

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington

Didn't know Washington required a front plate if your car is in a trailer!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
funny... I glued a few screws in the top of the plate frame, duck tapped the plate on the backside of the plate on the front of my car and took photos of it to a police officer and he signed off the ticket... but I agree... the plate holder that attaches to the tow hook is the best option when needed

Last edited:

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
We don't have to have a front plate in NV. If the holder is not there you don't have to add it. If it is the plate has to be present.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Just ordered a tow hook mount - seems like a good thing to have just in case.

I've been pulled over a number of times - one ticket. In Minnesota it is probable cause for a pull-over. I think most of the times they just want to check out the car.

On one Sunday morning, the cops came out of the coffee shop and said if I let them drive it the GT - they would not give me a ticket. I tossed the keys to them and said "Have Fun!" We all had a good laugh - they were good guys!

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
Terrible thing to have to do to a nice car.
I'll pay the fine.

unfortunately you have to pay the fine and put the plate on the car... so the tow hook is the best option for not attaching the OEM plate to the front of the car... at least until you get it signed off.

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
And don't ever drive over 55/65 mph! LOL

Ed

PS Sorry KMCBOSS - I could't resist!

you are right Ed.....non aero and ugly as sin....used mine once to clear a fix it ticket. Ed

KMCBOSS

RED GT owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2006
Bremerton, Washington
Didn't know Washington required a front plate if your car is in a trailer!

Yep........................and in the garage too.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Why would anyone want to put a moustache on a Mona Lisa? Leo must be going through a divorce or something....

mmlcobra

GT Owner
May 25, 2013
unfortunately you have to pay the fine and put the plate on the car... so the tow hook is the best option for not attaching the OEM plate to the front of the car... at least until you get it signed off.

Not in NY.
I actually went to court on this.
Once you pay, the clock starts over.
The judge asked me if I was "now" going to put the plate on the car.
I VERY respectfully responded "no".
He said "ok, see you next time!".
Mark