GT Tracks

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I like it also. Sounded like a real race car - which it is!

Ed

w.a.nelson

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 29, 2008
Asbury, NJ and Bourne, MA
Alan Greenspan - " If you understood what I said, I didn't say it right."

It's still not a V-8; never will be.

While I agree that the distinctive pops going into turn 1 were unique and pretty cool, we still need to hear a real street car. I don't think it will be nearly as good. I also don't think you will have many opportunities to bang six (or 7? ) downshifts from peak RPM on the street. Also,we in the hospitality viewing stands had the benefit of direct exposure to side discharging open pipes; also something you will not have on the street.

Don't get me wrong. I absolutely loved Daytona, and enjoyed every noise I heard the GTs and EcoBoost prototypes make. While I do personally prefer the sound of a V-8, ( think vintage Trans Am and Can Am ) I certainly wouldn't think about that for a millisecond, if I get the opportunity for a NGT. Also, how long do you think it will take for one of our ingenious members to come up with a way to make it sound better?

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
V12 formula still is the best
https://youtu.be/dxNpH-Ck84E

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
StormCat is already working on new sounds. He and Camilo were burping into tin cans and recording it. They are mixing it with recordings of Blake snoring. Quite the audio stimulus. I think they are going to mix in an IndyGT diatribe as well for that low, throaty rasp.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
V12 formula still is the best
https://youtu.be/dxNpH-Ck84E

That was awsome... Love the sound of F1. Been to a few F1 races... A real scream

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Personally I'm not a fan of the C7R sound. It's definitely loud, I'll give it that, but I find it to be just...loud.

Same for the street cars. With more RPM the flat tone does not change, only the volume.

Compare that to the sound of the current GT that under acceleration builds to a crescendo.