GT Tracks

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
So there are several ongoing discussions regarding absent side mirrors, diffusers, rear cameras, radar, transaxle refinement ect. I think it's time to up the stakes and talk about something truly important . . . . how the GT sounds on the track. :lol

I've heard both sides on this topic and now that I have had the chance to hear its notes at Daytona I have decided I dig it! It sounds like a thick stringed, fat fingered Manson E Bass being played out of a 1975 VOX amp with the reverb on full. Think John Paul Jones on Black Dog.

Vince H

Last edited:

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
So there are several ongoing discussions regarding absent side mirrors, diffusers, rear cameras, radar, transaxle refinement ect. I think it's time to up the stakes and talk about something truly important . . . . how the GT sounds on the track. :lol

I've heard both sides on this topic and now that I have had the chance to hear its notes at Daytona I have decided I dig it! It sounds like a thick stringed, fat fingered Manson E Bass being played out of a 1975 VOX amp with the reverb on full. Think John Paul Jones on Black Dog.

Vince H

what ??? It's early on the west coast but it sounds like you've been Drinking... Should have titled the post " GT Sound Tracks "...:biggrin

Matt

GT Owner
Jan 27, 2012
Tampa, FL
Umm, I have no idea what you just said...but I totally dig what you just said:wink

ThatPhilBrettGuy

GT Owner
May 9, 2007
London, UK.
I bet the road car sounds totally different though. For starters the race car exhausts come out the side of the car and the road the back.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
It's a different unique sound. I liked the way it cracked down shifting into turn 1 !!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
It's a different unique sound. I liked the way it cracked down shifting into turn 1 !!
That is exactly the sound that has stuck with me. So good.
Vince H

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You understand me Matt.

Vince H

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
I thought the vette's sounded the best followed by Porsche and FGT tied for 2nd. The Ferraris sounded like a prius.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Yeah buddy, that was a LONG way to go, to say the car sounded bad ass in person! Which it did. Far exceeded my expectation.

Bullitt2065

Aug 25, 2015
Detroit, MI
For a turbocharged V6, it's wickedly loud. A lot louder in person than I was expecting!

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
The Ferraris sounded like a prius.

Quote of the day!

Vince H

DC-DD

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 26, 2010
PA / FL
I thought the vette's sounded the best followed by Porsche and FGT tied for 2nd. The Ferraris sounded like a prius.

+ 1 on the Corvettes sounding awesome and when 3 or 4 were running in order for a few times when they all came out of the infield road course and hit that first bank the sound would make the hair on your arm stand up.

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit

Vince H

If this was Facebook, I probably have to de-friend you until you can clarify exactly what you meant. :lol

Apollo

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Aug 5, 2006
Pahrump, NV

Vince H

I'm with ya Vince!
"I gotta roll, can't stand still,
Got a flame in my heart, can't get my fill,"
perfect lyrics for the new GT...:thumbsup

I really love the way the new GT sounds. The new GT is so distinct. In fact, Ford has done something that they may not have even realized. I really could tell from a mile away that it was a GT, kind of like you could tell the Porsche sound from a mile away. I remember people telling me how cool they thought Porsche sounded, but I didn't get it. After a while it grew on me and I really appreciate the sound of Porsche now. Very unique. When we were sitting in our motor home and one of the V8s passed, you could not tell if it was a Vette, or a PC car. I could always tell when an Eco boost or a Porsche went by. This same thing was true when we were watching the Continental race. You could tell a mile away the Ford flat plane V8s. Sounded way better than any of the other V8s including any of the Corvettes in the Rolex.:usa

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Rex! Come on, it's not that abstract. Okay maybe it is .... Hahahaha!

Terry! Thanks for having my back. That's exactly it!

Vince H

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
I have to agree, I loved the sound of the new GT's... Especially as it downshifted in the 1st turns. I will be happy with any sound on the new street version of the new GT as long as I am in the drivers seat and my name is on the registration!

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Vince, Sorry I don't get your music reference, but to me the down shifts sounds more like the sort burst rapid crack of the Guns from a A-10 Wart Hog.. That's How I would describe it... :biggrin

listen to the bursts at 49 secs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiqAswPGqV4

listen to the bursts at 1:04 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9soy-QerhE

Lots of bursts here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NvIJvPj_pjE

Last edited:

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
I warned you guys to wear ear protection.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
I definitely think the GT sounds much better in person than on video. It's distinct even to the DP car.

Personally I'm not a fan of the C7R sound. It's definitely loud, I'll give it that, but I find it to be just...loud. I think the 911 RSR is by far that nastiest sounding GT car. When that thing hits the pit out line and gets on it, there is no fury like it. Absolutely spine tingling.

Awsum GT

GT Owner '18
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 17, 2005
Carmel & Cntrl Ca
what ??? It's early on the west coast but it sounds like you've been Drinking... Should have titled the post " GT Sound Tracks "...:biggrin

That was funny