The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit

GeeTee

GT Owner
Jul 5, 2015
Commentator said on the tv "a Ford GT is leading the pack - I never thought I would say that in my professional career"
This was when the Ford GT was leading for a bit near the beginning of the race. Looking forward to hearing more comments like that this year!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Those are all interesting, but I actually like Ford's own Media release:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...racing-perseveres-at-rolex-24-at-daytona.html

Scroll down to the driver impressions. For me, the feedback on the cars, good-or-bad, is best solicited from that group. They live and die by the product that they have and the service that the team can provide.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
So, besides the multiple shift actuator (Getrag parts?) failures (both cars multiple times), the under yellow software failures, the kill switch failures (were they related to the under yellow software?), and the breaking the brake line by slamming wheel/tire into it failures, were there any other failures?

All of those seem easily fixable.

Trans fail 20 min into a 24 hour race is...umm...yeah, well.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Those are all interesting, but I actually like Ford's own Media release:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...racing-perseveres-at-rolex-24-at-daytona.html

Scroll down to the driver impressions. For me, the feedback on the cars, good-or-bad, is best solicited from that group. They live and die by the product that they have and the service that the team can provide.

First link in the list bud!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I usually read from bottom to top - trained by many C level execs. ;-))

Also the residual damage from re-training from dyslexia.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Here is one more!

"The Way It Is/ A Look Inside Ford's GT Project by Gordon Kirby

http://www.gordonkirby.com/categories/columns/theway/2016/the_way_it_is_no518.html

Ed

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Good Stuff.. Speaking of Sebring is there anything going on Ford Wise ? Not expecting any big Hospitality set up maybe there will be some special passes ??

ChipBeck

GT Owner
Staff member
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 13, 2006
Scottsdale, Arizona
So, besides the multiple shift actuator (Getrag parts?) failures (both cars multiple times), the under yellow software failures, the kill switch failures (were they related to the under yellow software?), and the breaking the brake line by slamming wheel/tire into it failures, were there any other failures?

Yes, a loose rear diffuser rubbed on the right rear tire and caused it to blow out. The tire was changed and that tire blew out after two laps. The problem was then discovered and no more blow outs. The transmission was fine, it was a shift actuator that was failing most likely because the cameras installed for the race screwed up the voltage to that actuator. The cameras were not on board during 15,000 miles of testing and those actuators worked fine then. Again, the fix for this will be easy. I feel great about these cars and every problem I'm aware of is quickly correctable. The cars were as fast or faster than than every other GTLM cars at Daytona. Cheers.

Chip

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
This is racing. Those who learn from there problems call them opportunities. The GTs were consistently in the 1:45s per lap. The Corvettes were running in the 1:44s. We are competitive! We will win! Great going guys: Drivers, Ford, Ganassi and crew! Thank you for a wonderful weekend! Richard S.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

The Race car uses a Ricardo transmission.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Here is one more!

http://www.gordonkirby.com/categories/columns/theway/2016/the_way_it_is_no518.html

Ed

Great Find Ed, Very informative. After meeting Larry and seeing his dynamic personality that added some color to the article !!

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The Race car uses a Ricardo transmission.

It may be Ricardo, but it had a six-inch wide Ford logo cast into the case! Its deja vu all over again, but at least this time its not a Coletti box, and they figured it out before LeMans.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Here is one more!

Ed

Good article.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It may be Ricardo, but it had a six-inch wide Ford logo cast into the case! Its deja vu all over again, but at least this time its not a Coletti box, and they figured it out before LeMans.

Larry mentioned that the trans case is propriety and Ford built, with Ricardo internals that are just liken our GT's.

LOVE CHP

GT Owner
May 30, 2007
Central Calif.
Gordon Kirby's article is very informative. He covers the development progress of both the race car and the street car through the involvement of Ford Performance, MultiMatic, Roush-Yates and Ganassi Racing. He talks a lot about the people involved as well as the number. Hundreds involved. It is still surprising to me that all of them kept it such a secret for two years! Great read.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
On Feb. 13th show on Drivers Talk Radio (www.driverstalkradio.com/shows/) Rick Titus interviews Henry Ford III about his career and Ford' First race for the NFGT which is very interesting. Rick has known Henry III since he was very young and has a very high opinion of him and his Dad Edsel. These shows are taped on Monday- Tuesday and shown on their website on Saturdays and are very enlightening on a lot of Auto-Racing activities and events. I work every year to get Rick to our rally's and hopefully he can come this year. Enjoy

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
Good Stuff.. Speaking of Sebring is there anything going on Ford Wise ? Not expecting any big Hospitality set up maybe there will be some special passes ??

DBK, Any info on Stormkitty's question? Xcentric and I plan on attending. It also looks like maybe StormKitty and JacksonGT will also be attending.