All 6 Daytona Coupes At Goodwood

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
With Pete Brock, who looks pretty chipper for being damn near 80:

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/...dnt-know-about-the-shelby-daytona-coupe-video

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
He comes almost every Saturday to the Vegas Cars and Coffee. He usually drives his "Brock Coupe" (his own continuation version of the Daytona Coupe also made at Hi Tech in South Africa.).

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
Very cool, is "Hi Tech" a manufacturing network that subs out production for multiple mfg's, or do the cars they produce share platforms and components with one another?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hi tech is a south African contract auto manufacturer that makes both new and replica cars. They are best known for their cobras. They contract build for both superformance and Shelby fiberglass cars. While built in the same factory the spf and Shelby cars have only look and feel in common. They also make the Daytona coupe csx9000 cars which were "sold" by superformance to shelby. All of the recent order coupes are much more drivable than the originals because of passenger compartment changes. I almost bought a alloy spf coupe instead of my gt. It was an awesome car that that would cost nearly 400k to reproduce and it was built hand rolled alloy in Africa not in poland. Last I heard they built 2 of them.

Last edited:

Roadtrip

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 28, 2006
I always wondered about that... In hindsight it makes sense. I had always wanted a CAV GT40, then I had heard the SPF and Shelby were made there... I figured it was SPF's plant and Shelby was subcontracting to SPF.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Kirkham makes a fantastic Coupe.

image.jpeg

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
That looks incredible.