New GT website live, purchase process begins January 2016

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
http://www.fordgtforum.com/2015/12/30/new-ford-gt-website-goes-live-adds-details/

There's a nice video Ford put on Facebook, had to embed it at above link, vB does not support.

Ford GT Website reveals new details, expands on previous information:

Headlines:
  • Ford GT purchase process begins in January 2016 (details will be posted in full as soon as appropriate)
  • Ford GT active ride height features a drop of ~50 mm (~ 2 inches) to lower center of gravity and further improve aerodynamic performance
  • The rear wing is built into the overall aerodynamic design of the fuselage to enhance airflow even when not deployed
  • The air inlets ahead of the rear wheels feed cooling air to the intercoolers, and also channel air through the flying buttresses to act as an inlet for engine air intake
  • Ford GT headlamps feature all-LED technology for reliable long-lasting luminosity
  • Signature round tail lamps open to vent transmission and oil coolers

One of the key questions answered by the site and video above is how “active” the active suspension in the car really is. The new GT, which is already an extremely low car to begin with, can lower itself an additional ~50 mm to further increase performance. Coupled with active aero, expect levels of grip mere mortals lack the confidence to safely explore. Previously, Ford Global Performance Vehicle Chief Engineer told Hot Rod Magazine that the new GT was somewhere around 42″ tall, meaning that in race mode the new GT could return to (or even drop below) the iconic 40″ height of its forefathers.

If this sounds similar, it’s because the same modus operandi is employed in the $1.1 million hypercar, the McLaren P1. The big Mac ultimately produces a maximum of 600 kg when in race mode with the chassis 50 mm down and wing at maximum attack. Whether or not the new GT hits those levels of grip-inducing force remains to be seen, but the new detail reveals a little bit more of where the GT fits in the performance landscape.

Clearly the GT will be no match for the acceleration of the hypercar class, but is there a car more similar to the GT than the McLaren P1…if you removed the hybrid bits? The cars both sport a carbon fiber tub with aluminum subframes, full carbon fiber body work, a suite of active aerodynamic enhancements, and an extremely sophisticated race-inspired active suspension. It seems obvious the GT occupies a space somewhere north of more expected rivals like the Ferrari 488 GTB, but won’t keep pace with cars whose power output flirts with 4 digits.

Perhaps Ford is producing something both new and old. An ultra-high tech carbon fiber supercar that pushes the boundaries of aerodynamics, materials, lightweighting, and engine technology, but in a pure less-is-more package that harkens back to simplified supercars of eras past. It certainly looks that way.

:cheers

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Video is cool!

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
sounds like a V12 in the video.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Great news !

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Are there any news about the buying process for Europeans ? Or are we applying to the same program like the US guys?

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Will this be posted in the member's/owner's section only, or does everyone get to see it?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
It'll be everywhere.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Take my money!

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
Check your PM's! :biggrin

Joe Dozzo

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 22, 2006
Canon City, CO
Is the application going to be an annual event for each years allotment or is this a one time only and te lucky 1000 will get theirs sometime over the 4 year run?

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Is the application going to be an annual event for each years allotment or is this a one time only and te lucky 1000 will get theirs sometime over the 4 year run?

I wanna know too!!! Great question?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Holy Moly............................that's an awesome video!!!

Last edited:

cobraownr

GT Owner
Jul 16, 2007
Annapolis, MD
This was posted December 31 on FerrariChat: "I'm getting an allocation for the ford gt. i hope to spec it over the next 1-2 months. cheers"

So, what does this guy know that no one else (supposedly) does? Or maybe very deep pockets are that really matter?

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
This was posted December 31 on FerrariChat: "I'm getting an allocation for the ford gt. i hope to spec it over the next 1-2 months. cheers"

So, what does this guy know that no one else (supposedly) does? Or maybe very deep pockets are that really matter?

All I'll say is here's an instructive post, also from FChat:

George330 said:
I sold a 288 GTO and an Enzo once I signed an order (with 100k deposit) with a dealer on a LaF (16 months ahead of the official unveiling). He knew I was going to sell, we discussed it, he watched me do it (introduced prospective buyers too) and then failed to deliver a car.

I am not suing; it is not his fault that I am a gullible idiot. The order is non-binding, the dealer oversold himself and I thought I'd qualify easily.

The dealer lost a client, I lost a lot of money and learned a lesson. Life goes on

There is no shortage of people who will tell others what they want to hear.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
my dealer told me he had talked to someone at ford & that he would be getting one as well, but Dave has said there all dreaming.

CJ428

Farm GT
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 21, 2008
NJ
if all holds true to form perhaps this little group of front line Ford rebels will have a fair chance.

Attachments

• r1.JPG
    r1.JPG
    55.9 KB · Views: 430

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
my dealer told me he had talked to someone at ford & that he would be getting one as well, but Dave has said there all dreaming.

My dealer owner who wants a car for his own collection refuses to take any deposits and says he's going to go through the same process the rest of us will.

At Barrett Jackson in September I was talking with the representative of the owner of one of the cars parked near the Ford GT and we went over to look at it. He claimed his boss had a 100K deposit on a new one. I explained to him the process as described and to have his boss check with them again. I saw him later that day and he said his boss had gotten his money back.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Why not let him sign a written contract ? I always wonder why people get sloppy when dealing about very expensive things ...

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
The higher the amount, the more greedy people you are going to find ...

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
We're gonna hear all kinds of ridiculousness over the next 90 days. Should be fun. Maybe. :lol :ack