New GT website live, purchase process begins January 2016

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Another rumor, this one posted January 6, 2016 on www.gt40s.com. So, does anyone know of any outreach by Ford to FGT owners or anyone else yet?

<< ============ >>

I understand original 05-06 GT owners were contacted and a process was offered. They are NOT being done via dealers and so far there is no option for a Ford dealer who wants a car for themselves (and I suspect Ford would rather the cars go to public owners as opposed to a dealer). You can go here: Ford - Cars, SUVs, Trucks & Crossovers | Ford Vehicles | The Official Site of Ford Vehicles | Ford.com and register your interest in updates and I suspect you will get the application details.

NO. NOT TRUE.

The only outreach was Raj announcing the allocation broad outlines in front of owners that came to the Rally.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
UUUUhhhhhhh, cobraownr, where have you been???:confused

A member here on the Forum from July 2007 and amassed 88 posts. You need to spend a little more time here if you have a real interest in following either the 2005-2006 or the new 2016 Ford GT.

Dave states the obvious in his above post. Raj Nair gave us owners at the Ford Product Development Center how Ford intended to "outreach" to current FGT owners. Go to Youtube and look up his presentation to us owners at the rally. This way you will know the details exactly as they were presented.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Cobraownr - there are threads on how the application was told to us first. It was at the Rally in Detroit. The guidelines on how to apply have not been released to the public yet. Everyone is eligible to apply but there are criteria that can improve you chances on being chosen. Read those threads.

Also, I read the thread on the GT40s.com forum. There is a lot of jealousy & animosity from many of the posters against us. They refer to us as the "05/06 blowhards". They feel current owners of the original 1960s GT40s should get priority & some posters even feel accurate GT40 replica owners should have priority over the "blowhards". "Some of our cars are closer to the originals than their 05/06s." It's great reading. They are also mad that the "blowhards" refer to their replicas as kit cars. I've seen some very cool replicas & I've seen some that deserve the moniker kit car. However, just like us "blowhards" they can also apply to get a 2017-21 GT. Good luck to all :)

Ed

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Checking the game score, lo and behold...

image.jpg

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Just a hunch, but is the bitter guy referring to us as "blowhards" our own/former Luke Warmwater, aka Mikey?

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/all-gt40/47709-ford-gt-application.html

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
It's a guy named Mike D from Colorado. It probably is Luke Warmwater. I feel sorry for him. He must have never read my quote at the bottom of my postings!

Ed

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
It's a guy named Mike D from Colorado. It probably is Luke Warmwater. I feel sorry for him. He must have never read my quote at the bottom of my postings!

Ed

what's that saying... walks like a duck, swims like a duck, quacks like a duck... It's a duck

maybe Mike D should re-read your signature Ed "Holding a grudge is letting someone live rent-free in your head."

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Just a hunch, but is the bitter guy referring to us as "blowhards" our own/former Luke Warmwater, aka Mikey?

Yes.

And the site is a joke. You have to use your "Real Name" but that just means a screen name like most of use here won't work. I was tempted to sign up as Fred Ziffel to see if they cared.

KJD

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 21, 2005
Location, Location
Another hunch: Luke or Mike or whatever his name is won't survive the application process for a NGT.

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
Mike D is Luke Warmwater.

MAD IN NC

Proud Owner/ BOD blah bla
Mark IV Lifetime
Feb 14, 2006
North Carolina
Yes.

And the site is a joke. You have to use your "Real Name" but that just means a screen name like most of use here won't work. I was tempted to sign up as Fred Ziffel to see if they cared.

based on that rule "Mr. Ziffel", I'll guess for the win and say Larry L over there is also known here as "empty pockets"

BlackICE

GT Owner
Nov 2, 2005
SF Bay Area in California
Special Ed, are you still going to buy one, or let me have your slot? I know you how you dislike those fake plastic engine covers. That's something they would do on a Vette.

http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1101870_heres-what-changed-on-the-ford-gt-for-production

Lastly, the engine now sports a plastic cover that proudly reads "EcoBoost."

ford-gt_100543031_m.jpg

Last edited:

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Yes, it's true I am not an engine cover fan. I've mentioned in another thread that the packaging constraints would not make the engine bay a thing of esthetic pleasure but would be an area of practicality. So, in this case a cover is needed.

I am an EcoBoost fan. Both Dr Frank & I will be getting EcoBoost tatoos at Daytona.

Ed

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
The scary question.... where???

Both Dr Frank & I will be getting EcoBoost tatoos at Daytona.

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I would hope somewhere proudly noticeable. I'm recommending Dr Frank's to be on his neck or throat. Maybe an oil drop tattoo under his nose also.

Ed

FENZO

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 7, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Yes, it's true I am not an engine cover fan. I've mentioned in another thread that the packaging constraints would not make the engine bay a thing of esthetic pleasure but would be an area of practicality. So, in this case a cover is needed.

Doing some work on the wife's bimmer. PITA plastic cover over the engine... I know why. It looks like the inside of a copier. :bored

First NGT Mod? Carbon Fiber engine cover.

IMG_4914.jpgAS yuk.jpg

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
Doing some work on the wife's bimmer. PITA plastic cover over the engine... I know why. It looks like the inside of a copier.

Now that is really quite funny!

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
We are getting the tattoos at a tattoo shop on Daytona Blvd.

Mike Mosing

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 9, 2009
Florisiana
Give the address Frank. If I get bored at the race, I'll pick up a 6-pack of Dixie and come watch.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

Mike D is Luke Warmwater.

I would Say " Larry L " is " Empty Pockets " Got to keep an eye on those guys.. LOL I've been called a lot of things but never a Blow hard !!:biggrin

Last edited: