Matech GT3

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
In August I purchased the Brazilian GT3 championship winning car , I thought some of the forum members would be interested in the reconditioning process , so I am starting a thread documenting the process.
image.jpg
image.jpg
Car arriving in Blaine WA before it went thru customs at Canadian border , I used Plycar transport and the service and pricing was excellent.
I had a friend of mine inspect the car in Florida prior to purchase and knew that cosmetically the car was in used race car condition. Once I got the car back to my shop in Vancouver I realized I would need some body panels as many had been repaired poorly.
The front bumper assembly had also been hit on the left side and would need replacement
image.jpg

The drivers door had been hit and the inner door shell had broken away
image.jpg
I contacted Sascha at Matech and ordered a complete front end and all the inner wheel wells and some assorted brackets.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 2,180

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Rebuilt AP pedal boximage.jpg
We also rebuilt all the AP calipers ,are redoing most of the oil lines , have replaced any worn spherical bearings , replaced or rebuilt some power steering lines and done a ton of carbon repair on the remaining body panels
Rear caliper

image.jpg

New rear frame extension with wing mount reinforcements

image.jpg

New inner front wheel wells

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Replaced section of crushed water pipe

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Rebuilt BBS wheels , polished outer rim shells , glass beaded and powder coated centres and replaced the o-rings and hardware

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Also purchase one new set of polished wheels from Sascha

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Some more photos of the rear frame extensions , will strip to bare aluminium and powder coat after all the new bodywork brackets are in place

image.jpg

image.jpg

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Very interesting - thank you for sharing with us. I´ve always liked when some old "battle scars" are still visible on a real racecar .... so don´t make it too nice :wink

:cheers

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Nice! What are your plans for it when done?

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Nice! What are your plans for it when done?

Thanks, I will race it on the west coast at Pacific Raceways , Portland International and The Ridge Motorsports Park. I may do some events in California but will mostly stay in the Pacific Northwest . There are some short enduro regional races at those tracks I mentioned and I have been running in those events with my Boss 302S with a fair amount of success.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
I will also be painting the car in its original red , the car raced once in that colour and was repainted orange when it was run in Brasil

Here's a photo in its original colour

image.jpeg

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
This is outstanding! Thank you for sharing with us.

Vince H

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
This is outstanding! Thank you for sharing with us.

Vince H

Thanks , Vince , I will post some more updates once the bodywork is all fitted prior to it going to the paint shop .

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Here's a photo of the drivers door , my carbon guy had to grind out and repair the door in several spots were it had been hit and cracked right thru to the core mat

image.jpg

SteveA

GT Owner/B.O.D
Mark IV Lifetime
Dec 13, 2005
Sandpoint Id
What a great project, thanks for sharing! I don't live too terribly far away, keep us posted on when and where you'll race it as I'd like to watch.:thumbsup

Last edited by a moderator:

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
Awesome Build BBRGT. Thanks for sharing and look forward to your continued progression. Love the original color scheme.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Fantastic project!!!!

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
What a great project, thanks for sharing! I don't live too terribly far away, keep us posted on when and where you'll race it as I'd live to watch.:thumbsup
Thanks and I will post my race schedule once we get the car finished .

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Awesome Build BBRGT. Thanks for sharing and look forward to your continued progression. Love the original color scheme.

Thanks DLC, I like the original color scheme as well , I am not a fan of the current orange

image.jpg

You can see some of the original red paint where we have repaired the door

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Heck of a big project…glad you're going back to the original colors.

Looking forward to watching you race it. In my back yard.

All the best

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
That's fantastic! If I recall you posted in the SVT Performance site chronicling the build and racing of your '00 R? If so, that build was incredible and I'm sure this build will also be top notch. Congrats and all the best!