AWESOME!
Going to be more fun driving it!

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
That's fantastic! If I recall you posted in the SVT Performance site chronicling the build and racing of your '00 R? If so, that build was incredible and I'm sure this build will also be top notch. Congrats and all the best!

Yes that was me , still got the 2000R , hope to get it to the track this year , I have running the Boss 302S the last couple of years

Photo of the R in the shop

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Heck of a big project…glad you're going back to the original colors.

Looking forward to watching you race it. In my back yard.

All the best

Thanks Jeff , I will get in touch with you when we are going to do our first test , most likely at one of the Prodrive days at Portland

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi BBRGT

I would be very interested in a comparison on the CobraR and the 302S. Does the 2000R feel "old" compared to the newer B2S? The front spoiler on the 2000R looks different than I remember it from the factory - what mods have you done to it?

Thanks
Anders

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Hi BBRGT

I would be very interested in a comparison on the CobraR and the 302S. Does the 2000R feel "old" compared to the newer B2S? The front spoiler on the 2000R looks different than I remember it from the factory - what mods have you done to it?

Thanks
Anders

Anders

The R is very modified , the front end is different , it's a one piece front splitter and carbon fibre wide body front fenders .The hood is a pin on carbon fibre piece , the doors are composite and held on with dzus fasteners and it has a Crawford Composites rear wing.
The motor is a GT aluminium block , dry sumped , 13:1 compression , Carrillo rods , Huffaker ported heads , JE rockers , PSI valve springs and custom Comp cams , it makes 520 rwhp .
All the suspension has spherical bearings and custom fabricated control arms , custom front crossmember and modified rear suspension geometry .
The gearbox is a Quaife sequential 6 speed and the diff is a IRS 8.8 with a Torsen T2R .
I have custom valved Koni coil overs in the rear and shortened custom Koni Struts in the front , both are double adjustable .
The brakes on the R are Stoptech ST40 calipers with 14" front , 13" rear rotors and a Tilton pedal box .
The car weights around 2900 lbs.
So to answer your question the R in its highly modified state compared to the stock Boss 302S was easier to drive and about 2 seconds a lap faster at Portland or Seattle.
But the Boss S now is faster by approximately .5 to 1 second and most of the controls , ie steering and brakes are lighter feeling .
The brakes on the Boss S are way better than the Stoptech setup on the R . The factory race ABS calibration on the Boss S is excellent and I upgraded to the larger 2013 WC rotor and caliper setup with the Ford racing reflash on the ABS module.
The other upgrades to the Boss S are Tiger Racing carbon fibre doors , a carbon roof , carbon trunk lid , all lexan windows , Boss R transmission with 2014 spec Exedy clutch , Cobra Jet intake manifold , American Racing long tube headers , custom 3" exhaust , aluminum driveshaft , Cortex Racing watts link and stiffer spring rates
So stock R to stock Boss S , the Boss is way faster with better brakes and it turns in a lot better , the IRS in the R model is good on corner exit so it is a little better than the S.
The other big difference is the Boss S feels way stiffer in the body structure , if you make a spring change you feel it , in the R model even with the cage and all the things we tried to stiffen up the car it still feels like it's twisting around
The Boss S now weighs 3065 lbs and makes 475 rwhp but is now faster than the heavily modified Cobra R
Sorry for such a long answer to a what should be an easy question.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Some photos of the R model
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
Thanks Jeff , I will get in touch with you when we are going to do our first test , most likely at one of the Prodrive days at Portland

Thanks.

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Great read! Thanks for sharing.

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Again fantastic build on the R and really appreciate the attention to detail. I'm sure the GT will be just as spectacular!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Anders
Sorry for such a long answer to a what should be an easy question.

Thank you - probably one of the best answers ever :thumbsup

Given what you´ve done with the B2 and the 00R I can´t wait to see the final version of the FGT racecar!

:cheers
Anders

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Thank you - probably one of the best answers ever :thumbsup

Given what you´ve done with the B2 and the 00R I can´t wait to see the final version of the FGT racecar!

:cheers
Anders

Thanks Anders

Thanks and I will post my race schedule once we get the car finished .

Please do - I live near enough to Portland to absolutely come to PIR to see you run!

DanielJ

GT Owner
Dec 21, 2010
Washington State
Would love to know when you schedule to run The Ridge. I'm just a little over an hour to the north of there. Great to see more cars like this in the PNW.

Best,

DanielJ.

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Would love to know when you schedule to run The Ridge. I'm just a little over an hour to the north of there. Great to see more cars like this in the PNW.

Best,

DanielJ.[/QUOTE

I will look at the schedule in the new year and make sure I let everyone know .

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Trial fitting some of the bodywork

image.jpg

Lower side panel missing

image.jpg

Inner structure on left side was damaged from previous contact , required some repair

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Here's some photos of the headers ,they were pretty beat up , put in our large parts washer then sent them out for glass beading .
Used some scotchbrite to wet sand them and am sending them out to my fabricator to repair some of the dented tubes

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Decided to switch from hood pins to aerocatch fasteners on the front hood

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had to apply some epoxy to the open core

image.jpg

BBRGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 11, 2005
vancouver bc canada
Started to fit the rocker sills and side scoop , also installing the new inner wheelwells on the rear

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

RJY

GT Owner
Feb 13, 2013
TN
Wow just fantastic!

DLC

GT Owner
Apr 23, 2006
Clinton, NY
Looking great BBRGT. Things look to be proceeding very nicely indeed. Thanks for posting progress of the build.