Transmission parts needed...

Jason Watt

Had both, sold both
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 14, 2005
Copenhagen, Denmark
Yes - it's sad but true...
My 1-2, 2-3 syncros and gears have seen better times and needs replacement.

What would be the smart thing to do??

Any original parts to be had?
Any 3.90 gears to get anywhere?

Is it the sad truth that on our cars we are not able to repair the transmission at all?!

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
As Mark (m2kmotorsports) since he's always doing big builds but last I asked him a few months ago the UNFORTUNATE thing when the syncros go... You gotta buy a new trans!! I've got my original in a crate ready to ship if/when anyone figures out how to repair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Yes - it's sad but true...
My 1-2, 2-3 syncros and gears have seen better times and needs replacement.

What would be the smart thing to do??

Any original parts to be had?
Any 3.90 gears to get anywhere?

Is it the sad truth that on our cars we are not able to repair the transmission at all?!

Im about 12-16 weeks from having 3.90 gears done.. I have some trans parts aswell and could build a fresh trans with 3.90 gear also

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Dan, so you can repair our trans?

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
I have a contact that can rebuild the Trans it's just getting the spare parts that is difficult. I have some spares but not a lot. As a matter of fact I have one at the shop that is to be crated and shipped to be fixed this week... I also have a couple of places that have been able to make parts but one off parts for the stock transmission get expensive real fast. We just had an input shaft made after snapping the stock one and it worked great...

Mark Heidaker
M2K Motorsports, LLC

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Northwood( Forum name ) I believe has all kinds of parts and complete transmissions

MarkH

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 19, 2007
Katy, Texas
Yes he does, we were able to get a part or so from him. Great person to know for a certainn Ford GT part..

B.M.F.

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jan 29, 2009
Minnesota
Dan, so you can repair our trans?

Yes. I have done about 5 of them and have 3 being done right now. I have also put about 15k miles on one after its been gone threw and it works perfectly.