Market softening for FGT?

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Went to Home Depot tonight in mine. I just needed a few electrical items...

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
14° F this morning and 3" of snow. #2 car stayed in the heated garage....

djs

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jun 7, 2007
"...I can't imagine paying 4-6 times going rate for one just because of tranny......"

From what I'm reading, playing with a tranny is what got Charlie Sheen in trouble!:rofl

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
14° F this morning and 3" of snow. #2 car stayed in the heated garage....

d6d560769232ffa8faa75dbf9935fcd8.jpg

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Went to Home Depot tonight in mine. I just needed a few electrical items...

When I first got mine in '06, I got out of the car and a guy walked over and asked if I was there to pick up a few sheets of plywood! He then thoroughly went over the car oozing and ahhing.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
2,700 miles since 10/15. Went to Costco, Home Depot, Doctor, Ralph's Market, Bank and filled it up with gasoline. And thinking about a 200 jaunt into the Mojave today, just because I can. Taking it to the vintage races at the new Thermal Club this weekend to crew/watch Eddie race his 911. GT trip to Florida being planned for end of the month. Then back to Florida for the 24 in January. Then drive the GT back to Palm Springs for the balance of the winter.

That gentlemen is what the GT was built for - Driving. Without limits due to rain, dirt, sandstorms, etc. Doing a snow driving school in the GT is high up on my personal bucket list!

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
110 miles Sunday to Malibu via Kanan Dume Rd & Canyons to Zuma Beach, and up to Mugu Point

45F when I woke; 52F took cover off and sipped steaming tea in driveway, 55F when I rolled off.

GT at ~160F whole trip

Did same last weekend...

Kayvan

GT Owner
Jul 13, 2006
The V-12 gated shifters are going thru the $$ roof.

Isnt that just the 550/575/SuperAm?

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
Not sure how anyone views a 2k mile red car at $300k and a 7k mile red car at $250k as the market softening.....

So a white 2006 11,700 mile car and a red 2005 6,941 mile car are worth the same?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Depends on condition of the two cars, etc. lots of variables. What are you getting at RickH?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Also, just a little insider info, the Chicago car that sold for approx $250k after fees, immediately sold after the auction for $260k. The winning bidder sold it to the guy that was bidding against him.

RickH

GT Owner
Mar 5, 2015
Florida
I just thought the Chicago auction car sold for cheap money @ $230K. Just my two cents. Someone here stated that the difference could be the wholesale/retail difference on any given day. They all look good from 100 feet away and unless you have the due diligence done prior to the auction who knows the condition of the car. Do all the gauges work, are original tires still on car, they never provide a Carfax online, how many owners, and maintenance history all come into play here. Mecum is known for shady dealings, although I still attend their auctions, but do not buy from them.

RPM217

2005 white/blue stripe
Jun 18, 2010
Rye Brook, New York
So a white 2006 11,700 mile car and a red 2005 6,941 mile car are worth the same?

Depends on condition of the two cars, etc. lots of variables. What are you getting at RickH?

It's obvious..................white is definitely worth more than red......................it's faster too!!!

FBA

GT Owner
Dec 5, 2010
31.022340° N / 44.846191° W
I think yeller's worth more than both of 'em!

rubbinisracing

GT Owner
Jan 31, 2015
Mecum is known for shady dealings, although I still attend their auctions, but do not buy from them.

I've done business with Mecum for years and have never heard this. What first hand experience do you have to substantiate your statement?

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
I've done business with Mecum for years and have never heard this. What first hand experience do you have to substantiate your statement?
You hear the same things about barrett jackson. If you believe it all everyone at all of them are all paid by the auction house. It's just a giant Broadway play.

33Bravo

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 3, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
It's just a giant Broadway play.

Well said!

bret a ewing

GT Owner
Nov 29, 2006
I just thought the Chicago auction car sold for cheap money @ $230K. Just my two cents. Someone here stated that the difference could be the wholesale/retail difference on any given day. They all look good from 100 feet away and unless you have the due diligence done prior to the auction who knows the condition of the car. Do all the gauges work, are original tires still on car, they never provide a Carfax online, how many owners, and maintenance history all come into play here. Mecum is known for shady dealings, although I still attend their auctions, but do not buy from them.

Just bought a vehicle from Mecum with no regrets. An auction (house) is just the middle man. Do a PPI or have it done. Lock a price. If you are uncomfortable with any aspect of this just go for the entertainment. :thumbsup

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
One big classified ad, the house brings sellers and buyers together, and transactions are made in many different ways that extend far beyond the actual hammer.

AtomicGT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 12, 2006
Los Angeles
Well if your Ford GT is not for sale, then I guess it doesn't matter what the market is doing!