Large format landscape print of cars at Ford WHQ

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
Hello everyone,

An update…..after working with Trent on here, he’s produced some incredible prints, both onto acrylic and also onto brushed aluminum.

For those interested….please say so on here, and also drop me an email.
Trent will print them, and ship them to you. Shipping costs will be based around the size and weight of packaging required to make sure your print arrives undamaged. They are printed as a single piece which is incredible.
Pricing is as follows.

Clear acrylic material:
This will be printed second surface(backside) to give the print the hi-gloss from the acrylic. Aluminum stand offs can be added for $35.00 for a set of 4.

Size: Print cost: Shipping cost (within the USA)
36” x 12” (3ft by 1ft) $56 $38
60” x 20” (5ft wide) $185 $60
72” x 24” (6ft wide) $235 $89

Trent is of the view that the 72” is the best size and material for this picture

Aluminum
“This panel turned out amazing. I will get some better light on it but wanted to send a quick pic. It is so cool how the brushed panel accents all of the colours. Printed direct to brushed aluminum with 1” aluminum standoffs.

Size: Print cost: Shipping cost (within the USA)
36” x 12” (3ft) $ 37 $ 38
60” x 20” (5ft) $ 155 $ 60
72” x 24” (6ft) $ 175 $ 89

“All of the prices include custom routering on my CNC table to the sizes requested with rounded corners. This way if you want holes for stand offs I will have the router drill them at the same time.”

Acrylic
IMAG0584.jpg
IMAG0586.jpg
IMAG0590.jpg

Aluminum
IMAG0579.jpg
IMAG0577.jpg

Let me know.
Cheers all
Steve

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I'm so far away in these pictures that even knowing where I was located and if I zoomed in, I looked like a speck of dirt in the picture. Only the Matech display was further away. LOL

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV
Hmmm, that aluminum medium is interesting. What / where is it made and what kind of printing process?

thegtguy

*Supporting Vendor* GT Owner
Apr 20, 2006
MI
Looks great. How do I order?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Hmmm, that aluminum medium is interesting. What / where is it made and what kind of printing process?

Printed on this.
http://www.display.3acomposites.com/en/products/dibond/characteristics.html

Using this printer
http://www.efi.com/products/inkjet-...bed-roll-fed/efi-vutek-gs3250lx-pro/overview/

Cheers
Trent

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
I'm so far away in these pictures that even knowing where I was located and if I zoomed in, I looked like a speck of dirt in the picture. Only the Matech display was further away. LOL

I was only a couple cars away & I found my dirt spec.:biggrin

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Beauty.....any way I can pick up an aluminum one direct from Trent in Calgary?

Matech GT1

GT Owner
Apr 2, 2009
London
@ Cobraguy .... I'm certain Trent would be happy for you to collect....will save on postage and packing....

Trent?

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Not a problem Rick. Give me a call when you would like to stop by.

Cheers

Cobraguy

GT Owner
Thanks.....I'll be in town next Friday. Keep ya posted.

Stef

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Apr 5, 2009
Southern California
Also interested.

gtinmyblood

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Feb 23, 2007
Mesa Az/Aspen Co
what is the viability of the acrylic vs the aluminum as far as resisting scratches and living up to the dust of my garage?

NorthwoodGT

GT Owner
Jun 12, 2009
Michigan
Since I'm the good looking guy standing by the first red car, I'll take a 72" aluminum! lol really, I will!

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
what is the viability of the acrylic vs the aluminum as far as resisting scratches and living up to the dust of my garage?

Acrylic is more susceptible to scratches but the ink is under the substrate. Aluminum is more durable but the ink is on top so the easiest solution is to blow them off with compressed air if they are in a shop environment for best results.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
How are these ordered? Via PM to you Trent?

Also should I assume that the acrylic will be a more honest color rendering, vs the image taking on the silverish aluminum sub straight?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I was only a couple cars away & I found my dirt spec.:biggrin

Too bad they don't have a photo program where they could have driven past the front of all the cars and then spliced the pictures together instead of using a wide angle lens. The same technique they use for panoramic pictures where they pan the camera and paste the pictures together, but in this suggestion the camera wouldn't pan, but instead the camera would travel along the cars keeping the distance to each row of cars constant unlike these pictures. Then all of the participants could be equally identified.

twobjshelbys

GT Owner
Jul 26, 2010
Las Vegas, NV

Thanks. Obviously not an inexpensive setup. Anyone know if a service bureau that prints? I'm assuming that Steve's are coming from europe.

Last edited:

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
How are these ordered? Via PM to you Trent?

Also should I assume that the acrylic will be a more honest color rendering, vs the image taking on the silverish aluminum sub straight?

You can send me a note and I can get them going and Steve & I will track the interest so nobody gets missed. This is Steve's pic so all payment should go to him & I will ship once he gives me the green light.

The acrylic does have a tiny bit better colour but with the light colour of the aluminum it is very close.

Cheers
Trent

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Thanks. Obviously not an inexpensive setup. Anyone know if a service bureau that prints? I'm assuming that Steve's are coming from europe.

I am printing them on my gear and shipping them from Canada. A service bureau can print but they need the permission and hi res file from the photographer.

Cheers
Trent

Not 4N

Tungsten GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 5, 2006
Calgary AB
Too bad they don't have a photo program where they could have driven past the front of all the cars and then spliced the pictures together instead of using a wide angle lens. The same technique they use for panoramic pictures where they pan the camera and paste the pictures together, but in this suggestion the camera wouldn't pan, but instead the camera would travel along the cars keeping the distance to each row of cars constant unlike these pictures. Then all of the participants could be equally identified.

That's a good point but let's face it these pix mean more to us then anyone who will look at it and as long as we know where we are that is all that matters. I have already been asked "where are you" and I am proud to point to my spot because just being in the pic is a big deal to me.