Rally 10 attendees will appreciate this.....

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Ok, glad to hear that. I hope he is well. He's had a very rough time.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Aside from the negativity running in this thread, we all had a fantastic time, and got to enjoy a great concert, small venue (the same place at the closing R10 dinner, the back function room), with only 250 people, and an added bonus got some $ to JDRF to boot.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
The driver that took me round that track was waaaay better looking than him....

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Mic Jones was there . It wasn't a tribute band
Gary your knowledge is not quite accurate
The fact is we had a wonderful time with some great people
Sometimes saying less is more....
We also got to meet Stewart Young and Phil Carsons
I'm sure you know who those imposters are!

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
Aside from the negativity running in this thread, we all had a fantastic time, and got to enjoy a great concert, small venue (the same place at the closing R10 dinner, the back function room), with only 250 people, and an added bonus got some $ to JDRF to boot.

Thanks for posting this. Gave me that awesome positive feeling inside once again :thumbsup:cheers

Foreigner was awesome - and current lead singer is perfectly casted - and a very nice person as well :thumbsup

:cheers
Anders

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Guys, No intent to disparage the band. Seriously. I think they are great. I'm envious I wasn't there. I still want to know what love is. Foreigner is at least partially responsible for my tinnitus.

I apologize for bumming you out. My only intent was to point out the video gives misplaced credit for the multi-platinum albums and hits. Kelly Hansen does a dead-on Lou Gramm, but he wasn't there for the glory days.

I know who Phil Carson is. Don't know who Stewart Young is.

This is kind of interesting. What it takes to keep a band together for 40 years. Unless you're the Rolling Stones. The only constant is Mick Jones. It's good to know he's still hanging on.

Capture.jpg

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Susan and I were fortunate enough to attend the acoustic set the Monday before the Rally as well. I have seen tons and tons of gigs in my life and even though the only surviving member is Mick they did not pretend to be anything but what they were. (Accompaniments to Mick Jones) They admitted whole heartedly to the audience that he was the only original member of the band and were genuinely grateful to be on stage with him and have the opportunity to bring these tunes to those who loved the music. Very humble and talented musicians in my estimation. Everyone who attended the show enjoyed it tremendously for the music they played, the stories they shared and the cause it benefitted. To be honest the thing I will take away from that experience the most is meeting Phil Carson. Rock & Roll Legend.

Vince H

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Guys, No intent to disparage the band. Seriously. I think they are great. I'm envious I wasn't there. I still want to know what love is. Foreigner is at least partially responsible for my tinnitus.

I apologize for bumming you out. My only intent was to point out the video gives misplaced credit for the multi-platinum albums and hits. Kelly Hansen does a dead-on Lou Gramm, but he wasn't there for the glory days.

I know who Phil Carson is. Don't know who Stewart Young is.

This is kind of interesting. What it takes to keep a band together for 40 years. Unless you're the Rolling Stones. The only constant is Mick Jones. It's good to know he's still hanging on.

View attachment 39369

This reminds me of another great band (Styx) and their hit "Too Much Time on My Hands", lol.

Seriously though, Gary- nice graph. I knew what you were getting at, and know your sense of humor well enough by now to appreciate it. BTW, I saw Tommy Shaw/Styx perform last month and they still sound amazing, too. And yes, I know Tommy isn't original to Styx either (though he is to that song), so don't go there!

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
Heh. The graph is from Wikipedia. I have no time on my hands now that 30 cubic yards of mulch has been dumped in my yard.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Heh. The graph is from Wikipedia. I have no time on my hands now that 30 cubic yards of mulch has been dumped in my yard.
Id say there is a bunch of us here that are glad to hear that!
This is Phil.One of the nicest gentleman I have ever met! A real great guy!

Attachments

• IMG_0531.jpg
    IMG_0531.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 62

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
I love you too Ron, even when you are 90 degrees out, but obviously with a chilled chest. Contact high?

Who is Stewart?

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
There he is. What a cool cat. He's had some part in every big European Rock band over the last 50 years sans the Beatles and the Stones. (Zepplin, The Who, AC/DC .....) He's the guy that really befriended all of us, Ron especially, and allowed us to attend. So rad.

Vince H

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
I love you too Ron, even when you are 90 degrees out, but obviously with a chilled chest. Contact high?

Who is Stewart?
Gary

I don’t find any humor in your humor.

Last edited:

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California

Who is Stewart?

Stewart Young is Phil's assistant and goes back with him to the Zepplin days Gary. He did a ton on the London Summer Olympics and helped put together Jimmy Page's part in all of that.

Vince H

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I feel cheated.. the one I rode in was a radio delete model..,,:bored