2016 Daytona 24 Hours

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
Is anybody familiar with the "Champions Club" package at Daytona? The description looks like it would be pretty cool:

TAKE YOUR EXPERIENCE TO THE NEXT LEVEL!
Immerse yourself in all of the sports car action inside Daytona's historic
infield in the DAYTONA 500 Club as a member of the Champion's Club,
providing spectacular views overlooking the historic star/finish line and
Gatorade Victory Lane. Enjoy breakfast, lunch and dinner on Saturday,
Sunday brunch, garage access, an event program and so much more.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
It's a great way to go. View from top of the Tower is special. Plus inside Access and parking.

An a real bonus (for me anyway) it's one of the few places where you can be in a "quiet zone".

And of course meeting the "famous ones" whom see to gather there is worth the price of admission.

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
It's a great way to go. View from top of the Tower is special. Plus inside Access and parking.

An a real bonus (for me anyway) it's one of the few places where you can be in a "quiet zone".

And of course meeting the "famous ones" whom see to gather there is worth the price of admission.

Yikes!!! Really worth $550. Not to me.

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
I plan on being there Monday to Monday. With my GT. Wednesday I will hopefully get some track time thanks to Team Seattle. That is always fun.

I will bring my gear will you take me out on the track... ?? :biggrin:biggrin

Last edited:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
FYI - I did hear back again, and they are working on something with our friends in Dearborn. I am awaiting word on what they decide on.

For what it's worth, my theory on a 24 hour race is always get the best ticket (within reason) with the most comfortable accommodations you can buy. 24 Hour races are an endurance challenge for the spectators as well.

BAT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Oct 11, 2012
Central Mitten
So counting on a "FordGTForum" sponsored RV being there to accommodate me would be a bad idea?

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
FYI - I did hear back again, and they are working on something with our friends in Dearborn. I am awaiting word on what they decide on.

For what it's worth, my theory on a 24 hour race is always get the best ticket (within reason) with the most comfortable accommodations you can buy. 24 Hour races are an endurance challenge for the spectators as well.

DBK or anyone in the know, Having never been to an event at Daytona or any other 24 hr race anywhere, what do you qualify as "the best ticket"? I plan to arrive at my Ormond Beach FL hotel on the evening of 28 Jan with FGT in tow, I then envision going to the pre-race pits on 29 Jan for a few hours (is a special ticket required for this?), then going to the race for the start of the race on 30 Jan for a few hours (8-12hrs), and then returning to the race on 31 Jan for a few hours to watch the finish (I don't know what time of day these races normally finish). Is that reasonable thinking? I know absolutely nothing about these types of events, so any insight into the schedule and precautions for these events would be most welcome. Send me a lengthy PM if you prefer. Thank you for any guidance you can provide to a virgin like me.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
For me the best ticket is a hospitality ticket of some kind. Anywhere you can go indoors, eat, get a drink, sit on something besides a hot and uncomfortable metal chair, take a piss, etc without having to wade through mobs of people. I have heard the word "hospitality" discussed for the FGT group at Daytona, but nothing solid yet. I've done it before with race team, manufacturer, offered by the track. The Rolex Lounge and Champions Club thing are all I see right now but I'm hoping Ford and the track work it out for us. $550 sounds hefty until you consider that's 4 days, parking pass, food and drink 3 times a day during the two race days, garage access, blah blah blah. That's pretty reasonable versus paying $100 for the ticket that includes literally nothing but pedestrian entry. Especially if the weather ends up being uncooperative, and especially when it's getting into the late hours and you want somewhere a little more relaxing to hang.

It'd be cool to do it in an RV at Daytona too because that gets you most of the same stuff.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
The $550 hospitality pass is a bargain! If you plan to watch a lot of an endurance race, it is best done in the most comfortable quarters you can find.

(In 1962 at Le Mans, I slept in Phil Hill's Peugeot - it had fully reclining seats, and at that time it was a blessing. Much better than sleeping out on the ground)

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale

For me the best ticket is a hospitality ticket of some kind. Anywhere you can go indoors, eat, get a drink, sit on something besides a hot and uncomfortable metal chair, take a piss, etc without having to wade through mobs of people. I have heard the word "hospitality" discussed for the FGT group at Daytona, but nothing solid yet. I've done it before with race team, manufacturer, offered by the track. The Rolex Lounge and Champions Club thing are all I see right now but I'm hoping Ford and the track work it out for us. $550 sounds hefty until you consider that's 4 days, parking pass, food and drink 3 times a day during the two race days, garage access, blah blah blah. That's pretty reasonable versus paying $100 for the ticket that includes literally nothing but pedestrian entry. Especially if the weather ends up being uncooperative, and especially when it's getting into the late hours and you want somewhere a little more relaxing to hang.

It'd be cool to do it in an RV at Daytona too because that gets you most of the same stuff.

I am a 24 hour newbie as well.. It would be cool if Ford does some kind of Hospitality package. If not the Track's Hospitality package sounds good. Hotel Booked . waiting on a final ticket selection. Can't wait to see the car run on the track !!

TO AWSUM

Ford GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 4, 2007
Niceville FL
I am a 24 hour newbie as well.. It would be cool if Ford does some kind of Hospitality package. If not the Track's Hospitality package sounds good. Hotel Booked . waiting on a final ticket selection. Can't wait to see the car run on the track !!

DBK and Ralphie, You guys also convinced me to either get Daytona's Hospitality package or Ford's package. Please let us know if the Ford package is a go or not. I'm booked at the Sleep Inn, Osmond Beach along with Xcentric.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
DBK and Ralphie, You guys also convinced me to either get Daytona's Hospitality package or Ford's package. Please let us know if the Ford package is a go or not. I'm booked at the Sleep Inn, Osmond Beach along with Xcentric.

Smart!!

:cheers

stumeat

GT Owner
Dec 20, 2010
Georgia
I would be in for that. I plan on going!

Biginch Blake

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Nov 4, 2008
Rockville, Indiana
I have been completing plans to attend the Daytona 24 Hour race next January. Got RV site and tickets. How many others are planning on going? Will the Ford GT Forum be represented? Will Ford Racing have any meeting place or room set up?

pe2unia

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
I'm there also Blake and my site is right next yours. Plan on arriving Tuesday. Hope to see everyone there.

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
I am hoping to attend. Have room booked near beach.

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
I'll be there. With Team Seattle and Team Ford GT.

154 days to wait!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
I'll be there. John or Blake-save me a bunk in the big rig. :lol

steved57

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 29, 2008
kilgore tx
I (or maybe we) plan on attending

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Matt & Danielle and us are booked at the same hotel. Still haven't heard anything from Daytona via e-mail re: hospitality situation. Will follow up with a call tomorrow. I'd like to drag my car out, maybe make the drive down if we're not buried in snow that week.