Rally 11 plans?

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
First off, a million thanks to Dave and Francesca for another superb event. The amount of work and planning and pulling of strings to put on a once in a lifetime event in Detroit must have been staggering.

And as seems to be tradition from what I can tell on my relatively short time on this forum, someone has to ask immediately after the completion of one rally......where is the next one?:)

Think there were some very unofficial rumblings of returning to Texas. I'll just add my completely unbiased +1 to that idea.:thumbsup

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Texas in the Summer?? Ya gotta be nuts….

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Le Mans in France

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Not in the summertime.

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
Texas in the Summer?? Ya gotta be nuts….

Not in the summertime.

Clearly not the summertime. Mid/late October, perhaps?

Le Mans in France

While this would be the ultimate, I'll venture to guess less than 50 and likely more like 20 or less members will actually be able to make that trip.

KennethClay

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 15, 2012
New York
I'd be game--but I don't think I'd ship my car!

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Austin!!

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
Sonoma again would be nice as it is only 70 miles from my house! LOL

Ed

soroush

Ford Gt Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 8, 2007
Im just going to keep quite...

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Lets let David catch his breath first!��

550rwhp

GT Owner
Nov 6, 2012
North of Dallas, Texas
Austin is fun. Would be very cool to run COTA in our cars.

Doctr V

GT Owner
Mar 16, 2010
Pennsylvania
Hopefully Lemans isnt the Venue for Rally XI. My wife booked a cruise over July 4th next summer.. Im hoping for October.

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
FWIW, another vote for Austin.

COTA + Texas culture + Hill Country driving (75 mph speed limit on two lane twisty mountain roads) + great autumn weather = So much win!

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
There are some beautiful roads and scenery around Watkins Glen.
Not to mention a race track. Good coffee, driving spirit and interest with the locals.
I don't live there BTW,....I just love the track and the area.

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
You guys are ruthless. DBK just orchestrated a meet all the Ford Superstar Execs event and your ready to move onto the next? All I can say is . . . . LET'S DO IT! :thumbsup

Vince H

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
Guys ever ponder Dearborn? Did you happen to count and absorb just how many Ford people were able to attend, both current and past? Also think about what the car that we are all lusting over will look like in a year? If we go anywhere else, what will be the budget to ship what we all really want to see (or at least me)?

Just a thought......

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
This is one of my favorite threads every year! The guessing, the banter, the fun! I think DBK has each Rally planned out before the current one is even announced! LOL

Ed

PS I really don't mind where Rally XI will be, because Heidi & I will be there to be with all of you :)

Silverbullitt

GT Owner
Mar 3, 2006
Lago Vista, TX
American Le Mans at COTA mid September. We are going in a couple of weeks. I think it is on the 17th this year.

spineracer

GT Owner
Jan 5, 2014
Metro NY
My vote is for Watkins Glen. A Good location with plenty to do and track time!

PL510*Jeff

Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Nov 3, 2005
Renton, Washington
The 10th Anniversary Rally has ended. I'still 3 days from home and it's a good bet most of your GT'S are dusted off and put away.
All the banter about Rally 11 is wasted. As it will be held in Nova Scotia and Newfoundland. As our Canadian members know, both of these provinces do not allow cars to be trailered into them. Which means that for most of you there will not be a Rally in 2016. That's not all bad as the values of your GT 's will increase faster in 2016 Strictly due not being driven.

That's my story and I'm sticking with it.

Last edited: