A Companion for my Ford GT…."The First Supercar"

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
The raging bulls...
A prominent local car collector publishes a calendar every year. For 2019 my new FGT will be pictured as one of the months. I got a call from his photographer to do a shoot on the Miura. These are some iPhone pics I took at sunrise.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 213
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.8 KB · Views: 211
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    151.4 KB · Views: 214
Last edited:
Reactions: Stef and Simon

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Sweet

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
That is a FANTASTIC car. Thanks for sharing!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
Two cars in a specialty calendar, Wow! Great cars and a great owner! Love the "raging bulls" pic.

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Terrific stuff! Love that Miura.

jr66

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2017
scottsdale
When I first saw a Miura, I thought it was the most beautiful car that I had ever seen. It is a timeless design that does not get old. You are a lucky man to have one so special.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
LOVE THE CAR!
It has some Ford Gt lines in it!
Don't ya think?

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Here's a higher res picture taken with a real camera, not my iPhone. This image will be in next year's automotive calendar.

Attachments

• IMG_3821.jpg
    IMG_3821.jpg
    138.8 KB · Views: 104

Blue/white 06'
Mark II Lifetime
The only car that tops the FGT in aesthetics.

ByeEnzo

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Dec 10, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
“Magnificent Machines” aired today on CBS Sports Network. Footage from the 2019 Keels and Wheels Concours.

Last edited:

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
Nice clip. Reading your other post.. Miura or New MKII??? Hmmm.

jammer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 19, 2016
The Miura and the GT40 were my two favorite matchbox models before I was old enough to know what a Lamborghini was or Ford's Le Man's storied history. Only familiarity with Ford was my uncle's '62 Galaxy and neighbor's Falcon. Thanks for posting pictures of my two favorite cars together. Shows how close their silhouettes are and confirms my impeccable taste in cars since I was 8 or 9 years old (wink wink) The Miura in that color looks positively delicious. Enjoy them in good health.

Reactions: ByeEnzo

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota

That IS a nice video! At 4:11, you can see a large GARAGE sign in the background. I have the exact twin to it. I've done some research and the signs were made in 1919 by "Nicols, Dean, and Gregg" company, which I believe was similar to Sears Roebuck back then. Can't be too many of them. I thought maybe I had the only one! I was shocked to see this in the video. I've got more photos and info on an Instagram post I did a while back, for anybody who is interested. Dakota_gt on Instagram

Reactions: BAT

Gene Cassone

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 3, 2005
way upstate NY
I remember in the 60s , reading road and track. 10 best cars; over $20,000 was the miura SV! I can still see the photo! Always one of my dream cars ( with GT40!) congrats!!!