Aston Martin Vanquish Issues

fjpikul

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jan 4, 2006
Belleville, IL
Should have bought RED. I know you like blue though.

MTV8

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 24, 2010
Houston Texas
Sounds like you have your bases covered. Consider sending the details to Jalopnik and see if you can get the story published. That should speed up the resolution process.

debtdrives

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 20, 2007
Oakland, Michigan 48363
Don't let a lazy salesperson or unethical manager ruin your day. Just call Penske Auto Group corporate offices and talk to the big gun. Show him the "like new" advertisement. Then ask for a full refund! Some dealership execs are class acts. Give them a chance.

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Each time I pass that dealership I'm in awe at how many 200k+ cars sit and bake in the sun everyday. Not to mention all the dust that needs to be hosed off multiple times a week. Good reminder that even the high end dealerships can be shady.

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
This looks like a horrible piece of shit and I can understand that you are feeling ripped off. Since the cars condition and the former representation are fundamentaly different I suspect this wasn't just a mistake, smells like fraud to me. I would contact the dealerships owner and kindly ask him to revert the deal. If he declines I would hire a good lawyer and discuss If it is a good idea to take this into the public.

A lesson I have learned is not to trust anyone I don't know personally on condition of things I buy. The more expensive they are the more a PPI is necessary. It is not funny to go through this lesson, but after all we always learn something and we never know what ist is good for. I am feeling for you and hope for a speedy and good outcome for you. Don't get too emotional, live is too short to waste time with negative emotions.

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
I was going to ask if you missed your get yet.....

Should have kept my GT...

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
The other thing that comes to mind is that they probably sold this car to someone who had the window tinting done. That person probably returned the car due to the flaws you found, and then they sold it to you. A dealer would not have this dark tint installed unless they were trying to hide something. It makes sense that the rear damage to the leather was caused by the tint installation IMO.

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Don't let a lazy salesperson or unethical manager ruin your day. Just call Penske Auto Group corporate offices and talk to the big gun. Show him the "like new" advertisement. Then ask for a full refund! Some dealership execs are class acts. Give them a chance.

Great advice.

zach05855

GT Owner
Oct 16, 2012
Calgary, Alberta
I would talk to a higher level manager to resolve without getting lawyers involved, which you will take a loss on with the legal fees. I would also contact a local newspaper in the area that you purchased the car from and speak to the consumer reporter and see if they will do a story featuring your experience.

That will get Penske's attention and certainly at a minimum a replacement car or full credit towards another vehicle.

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
After getting some really good questions and responses to my original post, I have updated my post with more detailed information. I also think this additional detail will help to better explain the position I have taken on this and why. I would like to thank the moderators for allowing me to express myself, and I would like to thank all those that have posed questions which have really helped me see it from other people’s perspective which is difficult to do when you are stuck in the middle of something like this.

RV King

GT Owner
Mar 20, 2007
Laguna Beach, CA
To say this is misrepresentation would be an understatement!

I didn’t catch the part about your son until I re-read it. So sorry. That is wrong.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
I just re-read this thread and I wanted to offer my sincerest condolences regarding the loss of your loved one.
I'm not sure if I missed it the first time or if it was added later but once again,..my condolences .

Gulf GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 9, 2006
California
I just re-read this thread and I wanted to offer my sincerest condolences regarding the loss of your loved one.
I'm not sure if I missed it the first time or if it was added later but once again,..my condolences .

Thank you. You didn't miss it before, lots of new items edited into the original post on page one, I decided to add in some text messages and emails along with more detail. My wife and daughter found out that I had not mentioned my son in the first post and demanded that I tell people about it, it was pretty upsetting to write down but they are right, I shouldn't let it go without saying something.

Last edited:

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
We can't even imagine your grief. Take care of yourself David.

GT35065

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
David, very very sorry to hear about the loss of your son.