New to GT ownership: Midnight Blue 2006 no-stripe GT in El Paso, TX

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Its number 366, Build sheets show Dec 2005 dates but I guess it left the plant in Jan.

Enjoy! Its a GREAT car. Nice to see it home in Texas.

It also has the very first pair of low profile wipers ever made for the forum :)

Last edited:

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Its number 366, Build sheets show Dec 2005 dates but I guess it left the plant in Jan.

It also has the very first pair of low profile wipers ever made for the forum :)

JC
We're the stripes you had painted on or wrap. I guess Shelby put reg exhaust back on ?

Does it still have the back up camera?

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
JC
We're the stripes you had painted on or wrap. I guess Shelby put reg exhaust back on ?

Does it still have the back up camera?

They were stickers. We installed them for him and removed them at buyers request. The exhaust that was on the car was cracked in half when we received the car which is why we put the stock exhaust back on there. We have seen this several times with different aftermarket exhaust. The reverse camera was an aftermarket mirror, which we removed.

Last edited:

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX

Thanks, jc. Yup, still in Texas, even if it is on the opposite side, lol. Thanks for taking such good care of it :thumbsup

The car is awesome, Shelby. Thanks for the help and getting it to my liking. :driving:

Last edited:

shelbyelite

PERMANENTLY BANNED
May 10, 2007
Thanks, jc. Yup, still in Texas, even if it is on the opposite side, lol. Thanks for taking such good care of it :thumbsup

The car is awesome, Shelby. Thanks for the help and getting it to my liking. :driving:

This makes more sense. I was reading it like Simon was you. I was thinking you were asking JC if the stripes were paint. I was wondering why you would ask him that when we already had the discussion about them being vinyl. Makes more sense now :)

Simon

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Feb 19, 2013
Houston
Yes. I remember JCs GT from several years back; great well cared for car with all the typcal nice power upgrades and cat delete and xpipe.

jcthorne

GT Owner
Aug 30, 2011
Houston
Yep, Shelby had the vinyl stripes done at my request when I bought the car from him. I knew he would take them off unless the next buyer wanted them. Was just what I wanted at the time and he did a great job with them. Shelby is a stand up car guy. Have bought 3 cars from him now.

Glad you like the car. Always a show winner. Enjoy. Feel free to contact me if you need to know anything from my time as care taker.

Oh and just in case anyone wanted to know or was looking for one, the mirror was Ford from a Lincoln Navigator.

As these cars age, original is all the more important to folks. Times change and with it priorities.

Quickdraw

pit crew chief
Dec 28, 2006

Enjoy!

Yes, the build sheets are printed well before the car is a car, 366 was finished assembled and first drivable on January 20, 2006. The wheels were first mounted late in the day January 19th or early morning January 20th.

QuickDraw , I'd love to know more detail builds of my car. How can I contact you??
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can reach me at 219 five-five-eight 4600. If I don't pick up leave your email address.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Yep, Shelby had the vinyl stripes done at my request when I bought the car from him. I knew he would take them off unless the next buyer wanted them. Was just what I wanted at the time and he did a great job with them. Shelby is a stand up car guy. Have bought 3 cars from him now.

Glad you like the car. Always a show winner. Enjoy. Feel free to contact me if you need to know anything from my time as care taker.

Oh and just in case anyone wanted to know or was looking for one, the mirror was Ford from a Lincoln Navigator.

As these cars age, original is all the more important to folks. Times change and with it priorities.

JC Back up camera is pretty trick.I have it and love it!

shesgotlegs

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 20, 2006
Welcome to the family!

Dear medici78,

i have exactly the same combination, the only little difference is that my car ( one of the 101 which were exclusively made for european customers ) was made in 2005, yours in 2006, we both have "stripe delete", altogether 21 such cars were produced, 14 in 2005, 7 in 2006, 5 cars in 2006 were produced with red calipers, in 2005 178 cars were with the forged wheels produced, 2006 161 cars were delivered with the forged BBS-wheels, in 2005 with black calipers included mine, were 63 produced, yours is from the last year when the production of all GT's with the V8-engine came on august 28th to the end of the production-run.

You see we have both very exclusive cars, in the website of David Jones, named gt101.co.uk (as well here as a spectator) there is a pic of my car, if you go to "events". The midnight blue metallic car with the Numberplate ZH 6899 "is the jewel i own" !

If you can provide me, a whatttsapp eligible mobile phone number, i would be able to send another pic to you of my car, picture taken from a 90 degree angle to the passenger door .

sincerely yours

Felix

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Beautiful!