New to GT ownership: Midnight Blue 2006 no-stripe GT in El Paso, TX

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
After many years wanting but never pulling the trigger, I picked up an '06 GT Midight Blue no-stripes up from Elite Autos. Called on a couple other cars (in my price range but not quite my favorite colors) and was referred to this car by a different seller, which also happened to be my preferred (#1 on the list) color combo and I couldn't pass it up. Before shipping, I had them do ecu/pulley upgrade and lowering perches.It was delivered while I was in Asia, so it was nice to have this waiting for me after a 16-hour flight, 2 hour layover and final 2 hour flight.:

At home with new friends:

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
Beautiful combo. Congratulations on the new car!

Sinovac

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 18, 2006
Largo, Florida
Congratulations! Toys R Us. Perfect.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Congratulations on your purchase, Beautiful GT Combo. Welcome to our little Forum in Heaven. Is there room in your Garage for a lawn chair so you can just sit up at night and stare at your new Purchase? We all have done that. ha ha. Enjoy your new ride and join in the Forum often, we're just a group of Ford GT Fanatics.

RALPHIE

GT Owner
Mar 1, 2007
Welcome Aboard! :thumbsup

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Thanks, guys. I was fortunate to get exactly what I wanted. A couple of good friends of mine (one red/white stripes, one black no-stripes) will be meeting up regularly, so it should be quite a sight when we're out.

And, yes, I have gone to the garage several times over the weekend just to look at it. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :wink

Brombear

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 16, 2013
Frankfurt Area, Germany
Great purchase, congratulations !

You may not know it, but you purchased the fastest color ;)

Have a very good time in your car and here at the forum as well.

Empty Pockets

ex-GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 18, 2006
Washington State
And, yes, I have gone to the garage several times over the weekend just to look at it. Nice to know I'm not the only one. :wink

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah...but, have you placed a chair ('folding' or otherwise) beside your GT yet? You know...for extended visits? :lol

Congrats on your purchase!

GKW05GT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 28, 2011
Fayetteville, Ga.
Looks great, welcome

GTdrummer

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Mar 13, 2010
Richmond Virginia
Favorite color. Congrats

MNJason

GT Owner
May 14, 2010
San Diego
Welcome!

bonehead

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 18, 2012
Houston, TX
All no-stripes are beautiful. But that one.....wow. Congrats!

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
What do you have for a Porsche sitting next to the GT?
You could say Im a P guy too!

jaxgt

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Jul 12, 2006
Ford GT, Porsche, and a CTS-V wagon. I like your style

Last edited:

ROCK

GT Owner
Jul 10, 2006
Miami
Congratulations Medic78, enjoy !
What are your impressions so far ?

Vince H

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 23, 2012
Southern California
Congrats. Shelby is in fact the man. I am certain you got a pristine GT and welcome to the family.

Vince H

DakotaGT

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 9, 2012
Sioux Falls, South Dakota
Beautiful car- nice choice! Congratulations, and welcome.

medici78

GT Owner
Dec 31, 2006
El Paso, TX
Thanks for the warm welcome, everyone!!
My first impression of the GT world was quite good. I had spoken to Chris Desneux and Andy House on some cars they had before contacting Shelby. Both great guys. Chris was very helpful even though he knew I would not be buying a car from him and Andy was actually the one who helped put the deal together with Shelby.

Overall impressions of the car are excellent. I don't mean to offend anyone when I say it reminds me somewhat of the Gallardos I owned previously in terms of driving experience and stability. However, it feels quite a bit lighter on its feet and is much more communicative. Power is very good as well, though I'm sure this impression may be influenced by the ECU/pulley upgrade.
I hope to add a smidge more power when I add an exhaust as I do find it a bit quiet for the level of car that it is.
Considering the market nowadays its no secret I paid a bit more than original msrp and I will say this car is worth every penny and then some. I can't think of any other car produced in '06 that has aged so well. Kudos to the previous owners for taking such good care of it.

What do you have for a Porsche sitting next to the GT?
You could say Im a P guy too!
Ditto on that, lol.
As far as Porsches (not visible) we have a '10 Panamera Turbo (lightly modded with EvoMS ECU tune and Fabspeed Downpipes), '11 Boxster Spyder and '73.5 911T. The 997-based car visible in the pic is actually a Ruf RT12 (another keeper).

Ford GT, Porsche, and a CTS-V wagon. I like your style
Thanks! The Wagon is manual and supercharged, just like the GT.

roketman

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 24, 2005
ma.
Nice let's see a pic of the Ruf
I have a Gt2 that I'll keep forever

Superfly

HERITAGE GT OWNER
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 23, 2008
Edmonton, Alberta
Except for mine, that's my favourite GT. Well, certainly top 10. ;-) Congrats.