Place your orders !

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Order and pricing info on the GT350 and the GT350R are up on Ford's website: :cheers

http://shop.ford.com/build/en/home....6|1|1.|900A.P8J.....COU.SLB.~YZKAA.SHB.LESS.]

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Ugh

Copenhagen GT

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jun 5, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
.... must resist .....

Am I wrong when I think that main differences between 350 and 350R is

* magnaride suspension
* Carbon Wheels
* rear seat delete

Any other "performance" differences?

SSRob

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Oct 9, 2012
Oklahoma
Kinda what I was thinking.

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Went on line, specc'd out a 350R and just for laughs, submitted an internet request. Got an immediate reply from a big dealer here in Houston. "We have your GT in stock Mr Rowan" he says, "err, I'm looking for a GT350R" I reply. And that was the end of that conversation!

PILOTJPW1

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Sep 22, 2005
Maryland
.... must resist .....

Am I wrong when I think that main differences between 350 and 350R is

* magnaride suspension
* Carbon Wheels
* rear seat delete

Any other "performance" differences?

I am pretty sure you get the Magna ride with track package on Gt350. At 30000 feet right now so I can't access my source book.

dbk

The Favor Factory™
Staff member
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Jul 30, 2005
Metro Detroit
The only car without magnaride is the very base GT350. If you order either the tech or the track pack, you get the magnaride dampers.

The R has unique chassis tuning, the carbon fiber wing, the CF wheels, rear seat delete, auxiliary gauges deleted, Michelin Pilot Cup Sport 2s, bigger splitter, etc.

The difference on the track between a TP GT350 and a base GT350R is substantial.

junior

GT Owner
Mar 9, 2007
So Cal
Went on line, specc'd out a 350R and just for laughs, submitted an internet request. Got an immediate reply from a big dealer here in Houston. "We have your GT in stock Mr Rowan" he says, "err, I'm looking for a GT350R" I reply. And that was the end of that conversation!
Same here except no R, submitted an internet request, got a reply (Local dealer): We're allocated only one, do you want to get on the list, you'll be no. 31, and BTW it's $25K over MSRP, I couldn't answer because I was un-able to stop laughing .... he finally hung up on me :lol :lol :lol :willy

Ed Sims

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Apr 7, 2006
NorCal
I submitted the Ford site form to order a new GT350R also & received an email from a local dealer saying they could get a GT500 for me.

Ed

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Seems like a Laguna Seca over a base Boss 302. Plus a bit of suspension .

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
I submitted the Ford site form to order a new GT350R also & received an email from a local dealer saying they could get a GT500 for me.

Ed

Ed, I'd head down to that dealer and put down a deposit on that GT500 ASAP. It ay be a year or so, but, just think, when everybody else is worrying about dealer allocations and ADM, you'll be first in line! :facepalm::wink

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
Did anybody see anywhere to order the skill sets of the guy driving the Red 350R from Track Day?? That MuthaF'r was incedible. Definately the 'A' Ride!

GTJack

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
Oct 1, 2006
Saddlebrooke, MO
The red GT350R was driven by Christine. Yes, a female driver, and she blistered the track. I went out in the white one and he blistered it as well. I think I was second passenger to ride with him and we were airborne twice!

Kingman

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Aug 11, 2006
Surf City, USA
It was a guy driving the red one when I went around.......I notice those kinda things.:driving:

Xcentric

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 9, 2012
Myakka City, Florida
The guy driving the red 350R was Allan. I told him I had one request. Catch the guy in front. He said he had to maintain a safe distance. :lol

BTW, he had smoke pouring off the front brakes after fewer than about 20 laps. What's up with that? What exactly gives off smoke? That had me a bit concerned. It is a heavy car.

Last edited:

Cobrar

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jun 24, 2006
Metro Detroit
BTW, he had smoke pouring off the front brakes after fewer than about 20 laps. What's up with that? What exactly gives off smoke? That had me a bit concerned. It is a heavy car.

First, I'd say thank you, sounds like you got your "money's worth!!" Apparently he decided to show you what the car is capable of - plenty! Had it been a ride/drive program with a race team manager/owner present, he'd probably been chewed a new one for using up tires and brakes unnecessarily - application for LeMans drive denied - lol.

Last edited:

texas mongrel

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
May 3, 2009
Houston Texas
Both R models were having to take cool down breaks regularly. When I looked at the smoke it appeared to be the pads that were the cause. That track is really tight, so I imagine on a longer track without long periods stopping to pick up and drop off passengers, the brakes would be fine.
BTW, does anyone know if you can get a roll bar/cage for the GT350R?

Specracer

GT Owner
Mark IV Lifetime
Nov 28, 2005
MA
And also with regard to the brakes, ZERO cool down, hot lap after hot lap with no straights. Even when giving hot laps on a "normal" track, you don't late brake into pit lane, and then you have all of the pit lane, and paddock entrance to cool off a bit. I would not consider smoke to be of any concern.

Allen is a fast dude, that has a spec miata. Really smart guy too.

THamonGT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
The kid that drove me ask " how do you want me to drive for you", I said like you stole it, and he did. On the last hill we jumped he had the front wheels set for the curve at the bottom and he hit it perfectly and never lost traction. As we slowed down upon re entry to the slow down area he said "What do you think" and I said" I think I just rode in a Ford GT in a Mustang Suit" . Where do I sign up for one. I repeat, No Competition at this time for this Mustang. I agree, skill set for these young engineers was unbelievable.

Indy GT

Yea, I got one...too
Mark IV Lifetime
Jan 14, 2006
Greenwood, IN
First, I'd say thank you, sounds like you got your "money's worth!!" Apparently he decided to show you what the car is capable of - plenty!

Thank you Steve and Mark (and DBK) for arranging for the high performance vehicles and absorbing the attending tire/brake wear costs. We DID get fantastic ride(s) from the young guns!

The kid that drove me ask " how do you want me to drive for you", I said like you stole it, and he did. On the last hill we jumped he had the front wheels set for the curve at the bottom and he hit it perfectly and never lost traction. As we slowed down upon re entry to the slow down area he said "What do you think" and I said" I think I just rode in a Ford GT in a Mustang Suit" . Where do I sign up for one. I repeat, No Competition at this time for this Mustang. I agree, skill set for these young engineers was unbelievable.

Tommy, I believe the assemblage of Mustang development drivers (engineers) were Ford Tier III drivers. At the conclusion of the driving event when they all left the cars and were standing around grinning at how cool it was to give us rides, they all indicated Mark and Gene (both engineers and both Tier IV) are their driving hero’s. Both of these drivers were available at our rally. We are indeed a lucky owners group to have access to all these very skilled and talented drivers! Thank you Ford!