New GT owner!!!

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Sorry about that Christian. Try quoting this post.

No worries, DBK! Giving it a try again right now...let's see if this works!

Christian

BIGFOOT

GT Owner
Jan 18, 2012
Northeast
Congrats and be careful.
But don't listen to these guys.....
Point by the yellow car,...yellow is way fast.

MJSFRX

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Jul 26, 2010
Carlsbad, CA
Congrats. Great color choice. Enjoy her

FGT899

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Dec 10, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats Christian. I'm from Danville and my folks have a house in Alamo. I would love to see your new ride when I'm back in town. I too have a Tungsten and had a Z06 before the GT. Its an addiction!

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Welcome!
Enjoy.
Get new tires and some seat time before depressing the right pedal.
Best.
Mark
Nah. Go out to a big parking lot where no one is around, and use up the old tires to learn how to spin it and control it when oversteering or sliding. Once you've burned them down to the cord, THEN go get new Bridgestones.

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Congrats and be careful.
But don't listen to these guys.....
Point by the yellow car,...yellow is way fast.

HAHA!!!! I'm not going to get into the middle of this argument yet!

Congrats. Great color choice. Enjoy her

Thanks!! :thumbsup

Congrats Christian. I'm from Danville and my folks have a house in Alamo. I would love to see your new ride when I'm back in town. I too have a Tungsten and had a Z06 before the GT. Its an addiction!

Thanks man!!! Small world...it would be great to meet up soon! I am going to try to make it to cars and coffee at Blackhawk on Sunday in case you're in town.

Nah. Go out to a big parking lot where no one is around, and use up the old tires to learn how to spin it and control it when oversteering or sliding. Once you've burned them down to the cord, THEN go get new Bridgestones.

Can't be much harder than the 815 hp Viper Coupe i just sold, right??? :facepalm::lol

PeteK

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 18, 2014
Kalama, Free part of WA State
Can't be much harder than the 815 hp Viper Coupe i just sold, right??? :facepalm::lol
When the rear breaks free, it spins around faster than the Viper. You need to be more ready to counter it. Go practice...

nautoncall

GT Owner
Mark II Lifetime
Apr 6, 2014
When the rear breaks free, it spins around faster than the Viper. You need to be more ready to counter it. Go practice...

I disagree! The Viper is way more venomous especially at 815hp. GT won't slide all over the place. GT may feel slow but still feel more enjoyable.. The FGT with good tires hooks amazingly well at temperature.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

STORMCAT

GT
Mark IV Lifetime
Le Mans 2010 Supporter
May 25, 2006
Ft. Lauderdale
Congrats and welcome!! Enjoy the GT. Come to the rally !! Tungsten is the best !! :biggrin

z06c

GT Owner
Sep 4, 2010
Alamo, Ca
Hey, quick question: Do any of you east bay guys have a favorite spot for a SMOG? I have to get mine done. I have the Hennessey GT700 package on it which consists of a pulley, filters, Hennessey exhaust and a tune. I still have factory cats and 02 sensors in place and no check engine lights. It should pass easily based on other threads that i have seen.

Thanks for any advice!
Christian